(NOAH) Recapture for the first time in two weeks with "Baggio Spirit", Interview with Atsushi Kotoge and Seiki Yoshioka ahead of the Yoyogi junior tag match


19th November 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: Why did you insist on a rematch right after you lost? 
KOTOGE: When challenging at the N Innovation and Ryogoku events, it was always "I'm going to liven up Noah Juniors!". I did it with that feeling, but there was a long period of time when I didn't get any results. Finally we were able to win the belt, and we beat the powerful Ogawa and Chris (Ridgeway). That is why I felt that my emotions ran away with me and I kept calling repeatedly, "One more time, one more time". 
YOSHIOKA: It was a belt that we finally won, and we were just starting to gain momentum after winning it, and so there was a feeling that we couldn't give it up. Besides, there are always new discoveries when working with Kotoge. A tag had more depth if you kept building it. I think we can both grow as a team and as individuals, so there is no reason to end it now. 
Q: What do you see as the cause of the previous loss? 
YOSHIOKA: Shuji Kondo's power, toughness and instinct for winning was amazing. I eliminated him many times and isolated Hajime Ohara, but at the end very end he entered with "here!" and I was snatched away at once. That intuition of never missing a chance, is probably backed by experience, but I also felt Hajime Ohara's tenacity. Before the match, Shuji Kondo said something like, "Ohara's leg is injured, so come and attack it". I thought, "It figures that I guess it's a trap..." but I could feel that he was really hurting, even after the match. Even though the condition was not perfect, I really felt and persistence and the tenacity of the belt and us. 
Q: If you don't have the intuition, or the desire to go beyond that, you can't win this time? 
YOSHIOKA: That's right, it's our pattern to endure with tenacity and win with momentary intuition. I feel like we have to play them at their own game, and I think that is why Kotoge was so frustrated that he immediately asked for a rematch. 
KOTOGE: It's true that the way we lost left me with regrets, so let's change the way we fight this time. I want to win with a sense of victory and tenacity that surpasses it. My sense is that in pro wrestling matches, every wrestler has a sword, and it's a matter of "where to draw it". And how many swords do we have? Last time, the team of Kondo & Ohara passed us two at the same time. I felt like it was perfect timing. There are also combinations that can be decided in one shot, and this time I want to concentrate more on the strategy of setting things up. 
YOSHIOKA: I think it's a bit different me for use what I learned from last time to attack Hajime Ohara's legs. It's true that I can't pretend to care, but if I feel like I lost in the part the situation was worsened, and if there is a possibility that his injury is healed. On the contrary if I do attack, then we might fall into the trap this time. We can't even check the condition of the opponent, because there is no pre match. 
Q: That said, rematches are not without negative reactions, right? 
KOTOGE: No matter what people say, take action. Nothing will be born if you don't. I always have that feeling. I love soccer, and it's funny, but Roberto Baggio, who was once the big ace in Italy, missed a penalty shootout at the World Cup and lost. Then, four years later in the World Cup, another player missed a penalty kick and Italy lost. While the player who missed it was being bashed, Baggio said "Only those who have the courage to kick a penalty, can miss a penalty". It's true that there are risks, but the most important thing is to have the courage to create opportunities, and that is what I want to be like.
YOSHIOKA: Yeah, I can understand the negative opinion of "You lost the title match, so get back to the end of the line". Now that the champions have given the OK, I think we have to have a title match that silences the "No" reaction. 
Q: The absence of Daisuke Harada from the Noah Junior Regulars continues.
YOSHIOKA: Harada is the main scorer of the team, and to lack his presence when he in charge of giving momentum and cohesion, is a pain. This is why I think we need the belt to keep things together. He can move to some extent, but he can't wrestle. I think his frustration is considerable, so we have to carry that with us. There will be an N-Innovation in December, and I think we will have to fight for Harada as well.
KOTOGE: When I think about Harada's frustrations and emotions, there are some things I can't say lightly, but there is no doubt that everyone is waiting for his return. I have to make a situation that when he returns, the Noah Juniors will be much, much bigger. 
Q: Instead of a situation where you say, "Harada has finally returned", you have to create a situation where "Now that Harada is back, this gets even more interesting". 
KOTOGE: Yes, it's frustrating for me too. It's a really embarrassing thing to say, "I didn't do well until now, but things are going to get better because you're back!". I definitely need the belt, I can't stop here!          

Comments