(NOAH) "We can make it a connection", Kondo is "Marmalade Brother?!" - Interview with Hajime Ohara just before the junior tag defense match


22nd November 2022 
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: It will be a rematch with Kotoge & Yoshioka? 
OHARA: After the match, Kotoge said "One more time". I thought, "It's not a very smart choice, but it's very Kotoge-like". That's because Kotoge and Yoshioka are in a position where they have to gain the support of the customers as the Regular Army, right? I think there is a part in their sense of values that they consider it to be a virtue to endure something so unpleasant. That's why I wondered if the Regular Army, who immediately said "one more" after being defeated, would be able to gain support. Maybe it was a difficult situation on purpose, but I did wonder if Kotoge's appeal is of a kind of innocence that doesn't think about the future...
Q: What about the team with Kondo?
OHARA: Up until now we have always teamed up with more than three people, but when it comes to it just the two of us, he's terrifyingly hot and cold. Even though he talks a lot, when it comes to the match, he supports me with a lot of devotion. He really inspires me when I get caught, and I don't have enough love. On the other hand, there are a lot of severe scolding's, or rather harsh words, and the last time I won a belt, I got kicked in the head (forced smile) For example, my partner exposed me for having injured legs. The relationship hasn't changed from when I was a trainee. At that time, I was forced to do push ups from hell, and he said "If you don't like it, quit. It's fine. Quit? Quit?". He's really sweet and sour, he's a senior like marmalade. I thought his store (note, a financier shop run by Kondo) was "Butter Brothers", but it's more like Marmalade brothers. I wonder if bitter financiers or spicy financiers will be released...
Q: What the condition of your injured leg? 
OHARA: To be honest, the last time I was in a state where I could barely walk. It was the first time in my career that I had fought a match with such bad legs, but I was able to grow a lot while wondering what I could do in a limited environment. I was able to improve my skills without knowing it, so I wonder if the demon instructor (Kondo) is also a talented manager? (Laughs) Well, when he aimed at my legs, he aimed at me, and I thought that they (Kotoge and Yoshioka) would lose if they aimed at them. I said it at the conference, but they have already healed. My legs are fine. 
Q: Kotoge and Yoshioka say, "We really need that belt, no matter what". But do you have a reason why you need a belt? 
OHARA: Naturally, this is the first belt for the Kongoh juniors. There will be an N-Innovation in December, and we have to connect it to the Nippon Budokan. Also, whether by miracle or by fate, I won the belt with Kondo on the day before the joint event with DragonGate. The atmosphere of the event was bright and the popularity was good, and for me personally, there was a feeling of euphoria. Therefore, I think that Kondo and I are the people who are in a position to connect everything together without it ending abruptly. I think the connection with DragonGate will be more interesting than Kotoge and Yoshioka, as a GHC Junior card, I wonder if it will be possible to create cards that Noah has never seen before. So, even if you look at it from multiple angles, I think there are many reasons why it is better for us to have one. 
Q: I see...
OHARA: After that, we teamed up with Z-Brats from DragonGate at the event, and from them I learned "Bamshiri". DragonGate's juniors, or rather my "half brothers" taught me (laughs). I have to make connections, including those things.  

Comments