(NOAH) "If it ends suddenly in one go, it doesn't matter how the match goes", New GHC Heavyweight Champion Jake Lee talks about the challenger, Katsuhiko Nakajima.

BBM-Japan.com
26th March 2023

We interviewed Jake Lee, the GHC Heavyweight Champion, who will be making his first title defense against Katsuhiko Nakajima, at Noah's Sendai Xebio Arena event on April 16th. 

Jake won the GHC Heavyweight Championship for the first time at Noah's 19th March Yokohama Budokan. After the match, Katsuhiko Nakajima, whom Jake had wanted to fight for a long time, appeared and announced his challenge, saying "I'll show you the real Noah. I'm Noah". It was decided that the GHC Heavyweight Championship would be held at the Sendai event on April 16th. Jake talks about his thoughts on the belt, his opponent Nakajima, and his current state of mind after choosing Noah as his main arena. 

Q: Why did you want to fight Nakajima? 
JAKE: I have been thinking about that since I first joined. Katsuhiko Nakajima is "skillful", "strong" and "scary". There is the strength of an old fashioned pro wrestler, and the skill and the strength of current professional wrestlers. The technique that embodies it at his age is also the same, and I check the movement of the eyes and the movements of his shoulders. 
Q: You chose Noah as your main arena?
JAKE: Anxiety, tension, curiosity, and various thoughts are jumbled together. I'm just pretending to be arrogant. It's a technique for living. I'm not originally very strong, nor am I an extremely talented person. I don't have it by nature, so I have to think and devise it more than anyone else. I'm constantly asking myself, "Is it really okay for me to stay the way I am?"
Q: What kind of fight will the match with Nakajima be? 
JAKE: If it ends suddenly in one go, it doesn't matter how the match goes. It can't be another wrestler. (To Nakajima) Nice to meet you. I want to learn, experience, and know more about your history. See you in the ring.

Comments