(NOAH) "Half the guys don't think about it", the real intention of outside invader Jake Lee's cut down of the ark warriors.


Tokyo Sports
27th April 2023

Jake Lee (34) the holder of Noah's GHC Heavyweight Championship, will meet "Genius" Naomichi Marufuji (43) in his second defense (May 4th, Ryogoku Kokugikan). He cut down the ark warriors, pointing out that despite the fact that the belt has gone elsewhere, half the wrestlers in the group, "where not thinking about it."
We directly hit up the intention of the outside enemy champion, who described the current Noah as a crisis situation. 

Q: At the Sendai event on the 16th, worryingly Marufuji was the only one who put his name forward immediately after the first defense against Katsuhiko Nakajima. 
JAKE: If you were to take it back from me, you would stand out. But Noah now has a big difference between the guys who think and the guys who do not. From my experience, half of the guys who aren't thinking about it, think they're fine with this position, and they pretend to be thinking, and their thoughts aren't coming together.
Q: What about the former champion, Kaito Kiyomiya?
JAKE: After having good and bad experiences in his twenties, I think this is a good time for him to let go of the belt. Apparently he is saying that he wants to go abroad, so he should go. Noah is still moving without Kaito Kiyomiya, and saying that Noah "is not possible without Kiyomiya", it's better to change your mind based on a hard fact. 
Q: Go Shiozaki, who will be returning on May 4th, spoke about regaining the GHC championship.
JAKE: Then why didn't he come at the time (after the match with Nakajima)? He couldn't take one step forward as he was waiting to see the opponents move in Rock-Paper-Scissors? I don't want it from you right now, so why not just build up from scratch?
Q: Kenoh didn't even appear in the ring. 
JAKE: He's currently holding tag belts from various promotions (All Japan World Tag Team Championship and the DragonGate Twin Gate Championship), and that is not just one way of showing it. I'm not talking about people who are connecting the dots like him. 
Q: In other words, it's the wrestlers other than Nakajima, Marufuji, Kiyomiya, Shiozaki and Kenoh who are "not thinking?"
JAKE: Yes. For example, the current situation where the ring is set up and the video is playing, isn't natural as they take it for granted and think that it's okay if the present is good. When the obvious becomes unacceptable, it becomes stagnant, and that's when you realize it for the first time. I think Noah is in a critical situation.
Q: Do you want to improve the Noah mat as champion?
JAKE: No, I'm only thinking about myself. This is not for anyone else's sake, I'm just self centered.
Q: Again, what about Marufuji in your second defense? 
JAKE: I didn't grow up watching professional wrestling, but when I was in college I was told by a younger student, "he's amazing", and I watched Marufuji. Back in 2010 when he won the New Japan IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship, he can embody what he creates in his head when he said, "Noah's junior is the strongest". I didn't think his movements were something a human could do, and that broke the concept of pro wrestling in me, and I wanted to do it in Noah's ring. 
Q: What kind of a match will it be?
JAKE: For Marufuji it would be "I will take how big your body is", for me it would be, "I don't want to give you glory just because it's your 25th anniversary", we won't try to accept each other with those feelings. Of course I will win, because that is the mission of those who hold the belt and fight at the forefront. 

Comments