(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: SUNNY VOYAGE 2023 (Saturday April 22nd, Act City Hamamatsu, Hamamatsu)


KONGOH JUNIORS
HI69 (after shaking hands with Shuji Kondo and Hajime Ohara): Kongoh Junior is going great. Well, at the next Korakuen, Junta Miyawaki will return, and his first match will be a singles with me. Miyawaki says he has "sipped muddy water", but I'm the one who's been sipping muddy water and living life as a pro wrestler, and I still have a long way to go. Please watch Korakuen.

Note
To "sip muddy water" basically means you have hit rock bottom, and there is no other way back than up. I have kept the saying as it is as there isn't really an adequate equivalent in English.


NINJA MACK & SEAN LEGACY

NINJA: Thanks to that (note, the win), I was able to go one step ahead of HAYATA. Thank you all, Noah fans. Bet on Noah, Sean Legacy and Ninja Mack, and you can't go wrong! 
LEGACY: There are two reasons for today's result: betting on Ninja Mack, and I was "super" as usual. 


REAL 
(Saxon Huxley, Timothy Thatcher and Hideki Suzuki)

HUXLEY: We're still not rampant enough! Let me do more with those guys!
THATCHER: It's time for us to be "REAL". Saxon Huxley, Timothy Thatcher, Hideki Suzuki...we'll crush the Tag Team Champions and the National Champion together!
SUZUKI: There is nothing to say, it's a big explosion of energy. Nothing more to say. 
Q: Is it okay to recognize that you will be acting as a unit? 
SUZUKI: Of course, the Sugiura Army ended in Sendai. We really took action, just like we did in Sendai, so this is the real thing because we're "Real".
Q: What does "Real" mean in English? Does it have different meanings? 
SUZUKI: Various meanings, it can be examined in various ways, so please look for it. We are the real deal. REAL TEAM REAL.
Q: Does it mean something like "King" or "Royal Family" in Spanish? 
SUZUKI: Yeah, it means something like that. There are a lot of things, so it's easy to understand why we won today. No problem. Tomorrow, and then Korakuen, we will have a smooth and complete win, and we will show that we are the real deal on the big stage at Ryogoku Kokugikan. Those two will be fine, and so will I. Because Wagner Jnr is the sun of Mexico, I will take him deep into the ocean. We will sink together, and only I will rise.

SHUHEI TANIGUCHI
"Oh shit. Senior Sugiura, I took the belt with all my might. Mofo, you okay? Hey! Stay strong!"


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI

Q: What are your impressions of the pre match with Jake Lee, which started today?
MARUFUJI: Look at me. I can afford this. Look, I'm not injured anywhere and I'm not out of breath. It's cool, there is no pain anywhere.
Q: Skills as wrestler must be admitted
MARUFUJI: I still haven't shown my skills today. It's just that he's big and every blow was heavy. That's all.
Q: You have fought wrestlers of all sizes.
MARUFUJI: Two more pre matches. Let's both raise our gears.
Q: This year marks your 25th anniversary. 
MARUFUJI: Give me flowers*, Jake Lee. Hey, Jake Lee, let me have laurels. Take care to give me flowers, give Naomichi Marufuji flowers for his 25th anniversary. I should have said this in the ring.  

Notes
Flowers: Not literally. The meaning doesn't translate well into English, but it basically means something like giving someone credit, similar to giving someone laurels or giving someone glory. I have opted to keep "flowers" in most cases, as this often doesn't translate well. 

Comments