(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: SUNNY VOYAGE 2023 (Kyoto KBS Hall, Kyoto, Sunday April 23rd)


REAL
(Timothy Thatcher & Hideki Suzuki)

THATCHER: Easy win! It's Thatcher time! REAL don't miss the opportunity, it's armbar time! I took the win from Taniguchi!
SUZUKI: It isn't Real isn't it? We are Real? Right?


TAKASHI SUGIURA (and SHUHEI TANIGUCHI)

Q: Looking back on the match?
SUGIURA: I was able to repay the debt from yesterday, and what is left is Korakuen. I want to win at Korakuen and follow on to Ryogoku on May 4th in good form. 
Q: You have fought many giants in the past.
SUGIURA: Yeah. I've been here with Giant Bernard and other big guys, but he (Huxley) can move, so he's a threat.
Q: You stepped back and said, "Calm down, calm down", the type that runs wild is not your favorite?
SUGIURA: Well, I won today, so I'm not bad at it. Beastmaster innit, Beastmaster!
Q: Win with the proficiency of...
SUGIURA: What with profiency? Don't you think I'm "feeling good" already? (to Taniguchi next to him) By the way, did you win today? 
TANIGUCHI (who did not win) ignores him and leave
SUGIURA (chasing after him): Hey! Wait! Did you win!?


NINJA MACK
"Hey, HAYATA! I'm leading 2-0 in the pre matches. If you don't hold on to that belt tight, on May 4th I'll be back as the GHC Junior Champion for the second time."


GOOD LOOKING GUYS

ANTHONY GREEN: The girls were really excited!!
JAKE LEE: I've only seen one older lady, that (laughs) but that is how much time I have. And our movements are getting smoother, and the people who saw it should be the most aware of that. If you have any questions about Naomichi Marufuji, I'd like to answer a few.
Q: What specific reason did you think Marufuji was in his "heyday?"
JAKE LEE: I've had good and bad experiences, and that continues to this day. Naturally, I think that every part of my body aches, but I think that my mental side is more mature than my physical side, so I always have a lot of time. I know what I'm doing, that's why I can say such adept things. If you listen, you'll understand, so I said what I thought. However, in a sense I was in high spirits so I forgot to add, that it's a heyday "to an extent". 
Q: Marufuji told you to give him flowers on his 25th anniversary*. 
JAKE LEE: Giving flowers means to "raise" right? I'm going to raise this belt at the summit I've built I think that's the best way to "give flowers". Why do you think this body of mine is so big? It's tough enough to withstand any kind of attack, not just to overwhelm you. That's what the size is for. So that's the way it is, that's the way I do it. 
Q: There is only one pre-match left? 
JAKE LEE: It's going to be fun to watch, you'll have to come to the venue to see what happens. Coronavirus has subsided, and you are now able to cheer. So if you don't come to the venue, then nothing will start. If you do come, you will be captivated and energized, and you should be able to do your best at work. Please do your best at work, earn your salary, and I want you to come and see me again. I won't let you down. 
Q: What about the chops? 
JAKE LEE: I must accept, and I should. I will accept it. It's one of my themes to take it all in. 

Notes
"Give flowers" doesn't translate very well. It roughly means to give someone glory (i.e. laurels) and can roughly mean "credit where credit is due". There is no satisfactory smooth English translation or equivalent.    

Comments