(NOAH) "I'll fill Korakuen with one match", Naomichi Marufuji's 25th anniversary event to be held at Korakuen on September 17th


20th June 2023
Pro Wrestling DX

MARUFUJI: This is Marufuji. Thank you for taking time out for the signing ceremony today. It's my 25th anniversary this year, and while I lost the title match recently, it figures that as this is my 25th anniversary year and my debut anniversary is on August 28th, I would like to hold my 25th anniversary show at Korakuen Hall on September 17th. No one is clapping...
(The audience starts applauding)
MARUFUJI (continues): Thank you. On Sunday, September 17th, I would like to hold "True Flight"* at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo for my 25th anniversary.
Q: What are your thoughts on the 25th anniversary? 
MARUFUJI: I wish I could say that my debut feels like it was yesterday, but it has really been a long time ago. Rather than saying it's my 25th anniversary, I've been competing in Noah for a long time, and the drastically changing scenery makes me feel that 25 years is a long time.
Q: What are your thoughts on the title of the show? 
MARUFUJI: At the time of my 20th anniversary it was called "Flight", the word "Truth" has become popular recently, hasn't it? I jumped on it. True Godzilla, True Kamen Rider...I decided to ride with that, and call it "True Flight". 
Q: At the time of your 20th anniversary, a nostalgic lineup that could be called a Noah reunion was held at Ryogoku, but what about this time? 
MARUFUJI: For the 20th anniversary, I strongly wished to bring back the people who had left Noah once again, but this time because it's Korakuen and smaller than Ryogoku, but I think that's something that will happen in the future. We have also raised the ticket price a little, aiming for the full house part of Korakuen. For example, regarding the match card, to put it bluntly this time it's not like a class reunion like the 20th anniversary, but I am planning to fill Korakuen will just one match. It's not just an expectation, I am of that mind.
Q: Are you thinking of a card of some sort? 
MARUFUJI: That's right.
Q: Is there a possibility that wrestlers from other promotions will appear?
MARUFUJI: Perhaps there is, or perhaps there isn't. Like I said earlier, my match will be the opponent which will fill Korakuen Hall.
Q: Are you thinking about events such as exhibitions other than matches? 
MARUFUJI: I did a lot of exhibitions during my 20th anniversary. Five years has gone by in the blink of an eye, and so I think it would probably be difficult to express something newer than then, so I would like to release something like commemorative merchandise for my 25th anniversary. If the company says it's good, then I don't really need to think about that area. I will Korakuen with my match. 


Notes
*In Japanese this is "Shin Hisho"

Comments