(NOAH/ALL JAPAN) Miyahara slaps Nakajima in one-on-one fight for the first time in ten and a half years. 15th July Korakuen, agreement to "one match with no time limit".


20th June 2023
Pro Wrestling DX

MIYAHARA: Unanimously the best man in All Japan Pro Wrestling, Kento Miyahara. Finally, a singles match between superstar Kento Miyahara, and Pro Wrestling Noah's Katsuhiko Nakajima, will come true. That's right, One Night Dream. As for this one fight, I don't care if it's in All Japan or Pro Wresting Noah, but considering my current position in the pro wrestling industry, are superstar Kento Miyahara and Pro Wrestling Noah's Katsuhiko Nakajima balanced? Aren't I already on top? On July 15th, fans who support Pro Wrestling Noah, your opponent is the superstar Kento Miyahara. I'm looking forward to July 15th.
NAKAJIMA: A singles match with Kento Miyahara for the first time in a while. Purely...I would like to enjoy it.
MIYAHARA (Interrupting at the start of the Q&A) Can I have a minute? As far as this match is concerned, I have no intention of taking questions outside of this press conference today. If the media has anything to ask me, please ask me here today. I won't accept anything other than today. 
Q: You met again for the first time in ten years at the Tokyo Dome in February, but what emotions did you feel after the match?
MIYAHARA: I had a feeling that something was about to start. That's why we are lined up on July 15th. 
NAKAJIMA: Did I feel something? Nostalgia and a scent of the past. But yeah. Since February 21st, Kento Miyahara has been in Noah's ring, and I've come to see him a lot, so I think it's the way things have gone and the timing that has led to this single. There is no promise that I'll meet Kento again next, so I want to make this timing mine. 
Q: How have you been watching your opponents success for the past ten years? 
MIYAHARA: Each other's ten years in All Japan, and ten years in Pro Wrestling Noah. To all the fans watching, to all the fans who knew us from the old days, to all the fans who have stopped watching professional wrestling...the feelings of many people will come together on July 15th, won't they? Those ten years. 
NAKAJIMA: There wasn't much information about Kento. It was really just Pro Wrestling DX or Weekly Pro, but I knew he was active, even if it was just information in magazines. I don't know how that will affect this match. However, for us, our past history is something that cannot be erased, and so I am really looking forward to being able to have a singles match with Kento like this now.
Q: You were told by Miyahara that you weren't balanced? 
NAKAJIMA: This is Kento's provocation, I'll take it.
Q: What kind of person is Katsuhiko Nakajima for Miyahara? 
MIYAHARA: Katsuhiko Nakajima was the examiner for the introductory test when I started aiming to be a professional wrestling. For me, Katsuhiko Nakajima was the first professional wrestler I met. However, it's been a long time since then, so if you look around the pro wrestling world, you'll find a lot of wrestlers with that kind of relationship. I've lived my life thinking that if I kept worrying about being senior, then I wouldn't make it to the top of this industry. I'm not going to meet July 15th with that in mind. 
Q: For Nakajima, what kind of person was your junior, Kento Miyahara?
NAKAJIMA: I don't really know how to put this, but this talk is all about the past. I don't want the past. We're in the now, we're fighting in the now, we're living in the future. The past is the past...and that's why we're able to fight singles matches like this now, but I don't intend to dwell on the past anymore.
Q: How will you connect this match to the future? 
NAKAJIMA: It's the timing. I don't know what will happen in the future, and honestly, I'm looking forward to it. I don't know what will happen, and its including that. What will happen after this singles match? Will we get closer, or will we move further away? We won't know until we try it, so I'm looking forward to it.
Q: Talking about the past again, what do you admire about Nakajima? 
MIYAHARA: When I entered at eighteen, he had the World Junior belt, and was clearly at the forefront of the industry. When I looked at his example, I thought he was someone who got a belt and glory at a young age, but for me, it was nothing but a nuisance. I was living in this industry, thinking that I was going to be a superstar. You used to be at the forefront. I think that will be proven on July 15th. 
Q: Were there any weak points?
MIYAHARA: Its about July 15th. I'll put all my heart into the ring. 
Q: Was there anything that you thought was wonderful about your junior, Miyahara? 
NAKAJIMA: When was that about? More than ten years ago? He was serious in everything, including practice. There was such a thing as dedication, no doubt, and I thought he was a wrestler who would grow quickly.
Q: Was there anything you wanted corrected?
NAKAJIMA: Nothing in particular
Q: Miyahara said that this is an individual competition, and is not related to All Japan and Noah, but Nakajima, what is your definition?
NAKAJIMA: Even if you say that this has nothing to do with All Japan or Noah, it will follow. It is not something that we decide, I think it will be something that the viewer will think and feel. Also, off topic, is there a set time for this singles match? It hasn't been decided, right? As it hasn't been decided yet, how about you Kento? It's been a long time since we've had a singles match, so we don't need time. Hey, how about you?
MIYAHARA: I'm here today with the intention of having no time limit
NAKAJIMA: Then it's unlimited
Q: The match has been decided, and it seems that the tickets have increased, but how do you want to respond to that feeling of anticipation?
MIYAHARA: Shut up!
NAKAJIMA: Man, what are you talking about? 
MIYAHARA: I won't be taking any questions until the day of July 15th. That's it? I won't answer any more. July 15th wrestling fans, please look forward to it! 

*During the photo shoot when they turn to face each other, Miyahara slaps Nakajima to the floor*

MIYAHARA (pointing at the fallen Nakajima): THIS IS MY GREETING!

Comments