(NEW JAPAN/NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya "scouts" Ryohei Oiwa, "Would you like to join me in Noah?" Young Lion to participate in a different domestic promotion long term


13th August 2023
Tokyo Sports

Noah's Kaito Kiyomiya (27) "scouted" Young Lion Ryohei Oiwa (24) at New Japan's Ryogoku Kokugikan event on the 13th. 

Kiyomiya, who participated in the midsummer festival, "G1 Climax" for the first time, failed to advance to the final tournament with 2 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws in A Block with 6 points. On this day, which was the final event of the series, he formed a tag tea, with Oiwa and fought against Toru Yano and Oskar Leube. It is their fourth fight together, and they showed good co-operation, such as combining the drop kick with Yano and a brainbuster with Oskar. Finally, Kiyomiya pinned Oskar with a modified Shining Wizard. 

Unexpected developments took place backstage after the match. Kiyomiya said, "I feel a sense of ambition in Oiwa next to me. Pro Wrestling Noah, New Japan Pro Wrestling, and if Oiwa himself is okay, would you like to join me in Noah?". Oiwa responded, suggesting a participation in Noah long term, "Thank you for giving me the chance. I also feel the same way as Kiyomiya-san. I promise one thing to New Japan fans, I don't know when it will be, but I will definitely come back to this ring stronger". It looks like he will be gaining experience in a different domestic promotion, not overseas like the Young Lions so far. 

Comments