(NOAH) Kiyomiya is "boring with one pattern", about 3rd September Osaka, "Even though I'm teaming up with Zack..." - Interview with Yoshinari Ogawa


29th August 2023
Pro Wrestling DX

Yoshinari Ogawa dismissed Kaito Kiyomiya on his return from New Japan's G1 CLIMAX as "not good at all". Ogawa is Kiyomiya's mentor, but at the 19th August Sapporo event, which was Kiyomiya's Noah return match, he dragged Kiyomiya down from the corner and tore off part of his costume as he was greeted with cheers of "Welcome back!". 

A tag match between Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jnr vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa has been arranged for the 3rd September Osaka event. In addition to questioning the true meaning of the negative remarks, we also heard about the reunion of the tag team with Zack Sabre Jnr, who will participate in Noah for the first time in about seven years and nine months. 

Interview with Yoshinari Ogawa

Q: Harsh words about Kiyomiya's G1 return...
OGAWA: I'd rather say it was kindly than harsh
Q:...Once again, what is your evaluation of Kaito Kiyomiya?
OGAWA: Yeah...like I said before, is this an imitation? Matches are not fun. It's one pattern. Dragon Screw to the Figure 4. It's not fun to watch matches at all.
Q: Kiyomiya always says, "I also bring out what I learned from Ogawa-san"
OGAWA: I forgot what I taught you, but from what I've seen in the G1, but it didn't look like that. But isn't his new appearance nice to see? It's one sided, and it's a boring match. 
Q: It's not that he couldn't leave results...
OGAWA: No, you won't get any results from that
Q: There is also an evaluation that he carries matches calmly which stands out, and that he has grown.
OGAWA: There may be people who don't understand it very well and feel that it is "growth", but from my point of view it is not growth. Not interesting anyway. Matches are boring. One pattern. That's all.
Q: I think there are those who see it as, "He's established a way to fight."
OGAWA: You know what, he's not...
Q: I see...so when you face Kiyomiya in the tag match on the 3rd September in Osaka, how will you deal with him?
OGAWA:...There's nothing to think about, I'm not that interested, but Oiwa? What's he like? I'm more interested in him. If I had any advice for Oiwa, it would be that for the sake of his future, he shouldn't listen to what Kiyomiya says too much. 
Q: You will be working with Zack after a long time?
OGAWA: Yes, but rather than teaming up with Zack, I wanted to fight him. 
Q: Did you keep up with Zack's activities after leaving Noah?
OGAWA: No, I didn't see it at all. Since Kiyomiya appeared in the G1, I also watched Zack's match in New Japan for the first time. The same goes for KENTA. This is the first time I've seen a match since KENTA left Noah. 
Q: That's right, KENTA was fighting Will Ospreay and so on...
OGAWA: Yeah, that was good. It was fun.
Q: What was your impression after seeing Zack's matches again after a long time?
OGAWA: He's as good as ever, and he's growing. That's why I wanted to fight him. 
Q: What kind of match do you think it will turn out to be when you team up?
OGAWA: Who knows? Doesn't it depend on Zack's mood?
Q: How will it fit with the harmony of the match when it comes to it?
OGAWA: I've been doing it until now while enjoying that part. I don't think he has anything to say about the match before it either.
Q: So there is nothing to worry about?
OGAWA: No, it's more interesting to work with Zack than to worry about it. Rather than worrying about it, it's better to be like, "What's going to happen?"
Q: I see...
OGAWA: That's why, even though we want to have that kind of match, but the opponent only has a similar match where one size fits all, right? I don't want Zack and me to be in such a boring match, well, that's how it feels.

Comments