(NOAH) El Hijo Del Dr Wagner Jnr, "Long term title reign & first step towards global expansion", Jake announces "a little essence" - GHC Heavyweight signing ceremony


28th March 2024
Pro Wrestling DX

JAKE: At the pre match the other day (17th March, Yokohama Budokan), after the bell went, I gave him a high kick. Why was that? Why do you think that was? As a champion, you always have a fight coming up. You should always keep that in mind. This is a battle. It's not a game or a joke. It's a battle. And he said in a YouTube interview that since I don't have a career overseas, he's the better champion. He was talking about the nuance of having matches with more wrestlers and making me even better, and that's certainly true. I've never been abroad. I couldn't go abroad due to unforeseen circumstances. However, how did I get to this point in my career? That's because many wrestlers, many of the wrestlers I've fought against, are at a world-class level that can be used overseas, and they brought out the best in me and lifted me up. That's why I have so much confidence now, and pride in wearing that belt. That is why I have announced my challenge to Wagner, in order to regain that pride, and take the helm once again. Confidence? Without it, it's unlikely that you'll fight. 
WAGNER JNR: I don't think he's a bad wrestler at all, I think he's a really experienced one, but I want him to show off that "experience" in the upcoming match. After the last match, I was kicked and left spread out. I think that was an unprofessional act, but I want to fight like a professional in the match, fair and square, and cleanly. Noah gave me a chance. Over the past four and a half years, I have been able to grow as if I were climbing the stairs little by little, because I believed in myself and gave myself a chance. The venue for the upcoming match is Korakuen Hall, which to both me and my family, is a really important venue. So while I want to defend this belt, I want Jake to show his experience. 
Q: Your style is different from Jake's, but what kind of match will it be? Beyond your important first defense as champion, what kind of champion do you want to become? 
WAGNER JNR: My style is American, Japanese, and of course Mexican. Because of that hybrid style, I can adapt to any type of opponent. I am not worried about what kind of fight it will be. If I can defeat Jake and defend the title, then I would like to have as many defenses as my National Championship defense record, or even break it. Of course, I would eventually like to take the belt around the world. 
Q: You may never have fought a luchador before, but what kind of match do you think it will be? 
JAKE: This is my first time, so I wouldn't say that I was a very skillful wrestler. However, I am blessed with this body, which other wrestlers don't have, and I have been using that to my advantage. That is why I have made it this far. This is my asset, so I'm doing what I always do. In that, it's not just a little essence, but if there is something like that then I think that something different will be born again. What that means is that if you come to the venue, it may be successful or it may fail, I don't know. I have to try it. So I hope you will look forward to that as well.

Comments