(NOAH) "Donmai, Donmai" ~ Mitsuharu Misawa's diary ~ 23RD FEBRUARY 2007

Cheers! How are you all doing these days, as the weather is getting warmer and it's starting to feel like spring? Fortunately for people with hay fever, this is the perfect time. I am not suffering with it at the moment, so I am sorry for speaking as if it was a personal matter. For me, this is the season where I feel cold when I wear short sleeves, but hot when I wear a jumper, and when I get to the hotel, it's hot when I turn on the heating, but cold when I turn it off. 

Now, let's talk a little bit about this: right after I started this Navi, I had a two days off in Osaka. It feels like the days off during navigation go by quickly. You may not realize it, but in general, think of Saturdays and Sundays as passing by in the blink of an eye. Tours and days off from tours also go by in a blink of an eye. The time off between tours passes by quickly, but in our case, off time during Navi is quick, and it may feel unnecessarily short because of moving soon after. Kotaro went to Nihonbashi as usual, as this time he had a day off in Osaka. He went when I wanted to, but this time he was gone for less than an hour. It might have been about 30 minutes, but I was done in half an hour, and ate tempura curry udon for the first time in a while. It's been a while since I've eaten it, but it's still filling. It would be amazing if the general public could try it. 
This is a bit off topic, but the day before the day off in Osaka, there was a match in Kyoto, and after leaving the venue, we headed to Osaka. Today's meal was Okonomiyaki, which is Osaka-esque, but it's been a while since I've had it (I think it's been over ten years since I've been there. The inside of the restaurant has changed quite a bit, but that's normal since it's been such a long time). We arrived at the hotel in Osaka around 10pm, and started eating from 11pm. Since it was Sunday, the restaurant closed at 1 o'clock, so after that we went to karaoke as usual, and all the guys sang until morning. I was also singing songs that I don't normally sing, and my throat was sore. I think it was around 6 o'clock when I went to bed. It was a long day since it was before our holiday, but we were able to make the most of the two days off before resuming the tour. 

My neck, which everyone has been concerned about, is making a slow recovery, but it is now in a condition that does not affect my ability to wrestle*. Thank you for your concern. 
Now that I have summarized that in a very serious manner, I will answer a question from Ito*. Regarding "Memories of Valentines Day", as I write every time, I hate all seasonal events, so I don't have any particular preferences. Unlike Marufuji, who loves chocolate in the first place, I usually only eat it at bars when I'm thirsty and have nothing to eat...I'm not bluffing, but I've never really wanted chocolate for Valentine's Day, and I remember hating it when the boys around me were so fidgety. I went to an all-boys high school, so I don't even have those memories. However, ever since I became a wrestler, my fans have sent me messages every year, and I'm grateful for them. Does Ito have any memories of Valentines Day?
Lastly, I have a question for Ippei. Spring is the season of graduations and school entrance. So Ippei, please tell me about your memories of graduation and school entrance. I'm telling you, I don't need an uninteresting story, so make it interesting, even if it's only half of it. 

See you in two weeks. Misawa! 
  
Notes
*CHIBO: A restaurant in Osaka's Dotonbori district, specializing in okonomiyaki 
*These are tragic words considering what was going to happen a year and a half later. 
*Ito: Akihito Ito. He debuted in December 2005 and retired in February 2010.   

Comments