(NOAH) POST MATCH PROMOS: ABEMA presents GRAND SHIP 2024 in YOKOHAMA (Sunday 16th June, Yokohama BUNTAI)


LJ CLEARY
"Everyone often asks me what the phrase "It's a beautiful day" on this costume means? It means "Life is Beautiful", but the meaning of this changes every time depending on the match and various circumstances. Speaking of today, on the memorable day when Noah held their first big event at BUNTAI*, and I pinned the legendary Super Crazy. To me today, this is exactly what the phrase "Life Is Beautiful" means.

Note
BUNTAI: The Yokohama BUNTAI replaces the old Yokohama Bunka Gym, where Noah used to go a lot. The building was antiquated by the time they tore it down a few years ago. The seats were too small (having been built for people of Showa era, 1950s Japan post war size) and falling down on an upper tier off one of the edges, the lighting system was coming down and would almost fry the ring, there was no air con (after a title match, Go Shiozaki couldn't stop sweating even with the car air-con on), and the hot water had to be turned on manually, so if anyone forgot to do this then the whole building and everyone in it was affected, as Kenoh discovered once when he went to have a shower, and had to run to the office to turn it on in a jersey...

CHRIS VICE
"This Wednesday at Korakuen Hall, the World Heavyweight Championship will return to where it belongs, REAL ZERO1"

AKITOSHI SAITO
"The next time is already Wednesday. LIMIT BREAK, Wednesday. Chris, the next time it's one on one with the belt on the line. I won't lose. If you think you can get it back, you're being naïve, so be prepared, Chris."

TITUS ALEXANDER
"This is how I'm going to approach Noah. I'm not asking Noah to do this, I am making a demand. Let me participate in the N-1. I believe I'm the best wrestler, and I think everyone knows that. If you don't know my abilities, then you're just crazy. You're all stupid"

MANABU SOYA
"Like I said in the ring. I will be returning on July 13th at the Nippon Budokan. I want to go out and go wilder than ever before, so please look forward to it."

EITA
"Hey, look, we're the GHC Junior Tag Champions, and we want to defend the titles soon. We want to raise the level of this belt quickly. Hey! Anyone is fine. Next challengers, come on out! Don't be scared, come on, hurry up! The champions won't run away. (Looks around) Hey, he's not coming!"

TAKUMI IROHA
IROHA: She's got quite a lot of quirks, Sakuya. I haven't seen her in women's wrestling for a while, and I wasn't sure what she was thinking, but today I had a singles match and shook her hand at the end, and I think I am the only one in the world of women's wrestling who can tame her. So, isn't it good that she's Muta's daughter? I'm not sure if I want to train her or not. I don't know what she's thinking. I just said what I want to do, right? It's up to the fans and Sakuya to decide how to take it.
Q: Will she come to Marvelous?
IROHA: Marvelous would be fine. I don't know if we will team up or have a match in the future, but I have a way to teach her, and I want to help her grow. I think that's what she intended to do, and she left her handprint on that. Well, that's how I see it. 


JAKE LEE
JAKE: What I said in the ring was everything, but those eyes seem to want to ask something. Is there something you want to ask me? 
Q: What is the real meaning behind the disbandment? 
JAKE: It's exactly as I said. 
Q: Is there something you want to do?
JAKE: Think about it. It should become clear and evident soon. 
Q: New Japan announced that you will be participating in the G1? 
JAKE: Oh really? I see. 
Q: Are you looking forward to it? 
JAKE: What do you think as a spectator? I'm the same. 
Q: Do you want to participate in the G1?
JAKE: I have always been sending them that message, but it never came true. I think there was a bit of timing and luck involved, but I guess a lot of things just came together and I just didn't have the talent to do it.
Q: Does that link to the breakup? 
JAKE: Everything I said in the ring is it. 
Q: Will GLG continue to exist until July 13th? 
JAKE: That's a good question, but it's right. As GLG, everyone please come to the venue until July 13th. 
Q: What kind of form do you want to use on the day? 
JAKE: Even if I were to say it here now, it probably wouldn't be interesting, and there must be many people whose minds have gone blank from this information. I have no intention of adding anything to it. Is that okay? 
(Jake declines to say anything more, and leaves) 


ULKA SASAKI
"Me! Me! I want that red belt. Ever since I joined Noah, I've been dying to get it. It's still early, but I am going to go for it with myself as I am now"

HAYATA
"Ulka Sasaki, you're next. I'll shake your hand after I defend". 


DAGA
"So here I am, standing here as the champion. The greatest, strongest champion of all time. No one can take this belt from me. AMAKUSA, you've been on a 10-month hiatus. You've just returned and you're going to challenge for this belt? Okay, you had better remember this, I'm going to break your leg, and you're going to have to take another ten months off. I've defeated so many challengers that I can't even remember how many I've defeated, and the same thing will happen again. I'll send you to the hospital."


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI & TAKASHI SUGIURA
MARUFUJI: Thank you (shakes hands with Sugiura) 
SUGIURA: I'm happy that I have already worn this title, and I am happy to have been able to do it with Marufuji-san in this day and age. That's all there is to it. 
MARUFUJI: Yes, it's exactly the same, and well maybe it's different in terms of being a unit, but I'm grateful to them for accepting our challenge, and I think they're opponents that we can go up against more and more in the future. So, since we won, we want to defend again and again, and do our best so we can accept their challenge again. 
SUGIURA: I want to defend it until then. 
MARUFUJI: Yes, it's been twelve years
SUGIURA: Twelve years is a long time. 
MARUFUJI: It's amazing that my newborn child is already in elementary school. But wrestling is the way to make things happen. We are the ones who make it happen.  
Q: A match against AJ Styles has been arranged? 
MARUFUJI: I think this is an important first match, and I want to get in good shape and beat the amazing world famous AJ Styles. Thank you (shakes hands with Sugiura) 
Q: You wore the belts for the first time in twelve years, but your celebration was subdued...
MARUFUI: We're getting told, and even the subdued way we expressed our joy has melancholy about it. 
SUGIURA: And the match too 
MARUFUJI: Because it was tough 
SUGIURA: I'm overwhelmed, so I think I'll be able to express my joy after a little while.
MARUFUJI: We're cool old men, so don't call yourself that
SUGIURA: Are you sure you want to call me an "old man"? 
MARUFUJI: It's good, thank you. 

GOOD LOOKING GUYS (ANTHONY GREEN & JACK MORRIS) 
GREEN: I feel strange. This feels really weird. It feels strange to be standing here without the belt. But, we lost to two legends, and although we had defended the belts for over 260 days, we gave it up to the legends. 
MORRIS: Is this for real? I think this was the fifth longest record in history, but we failed in our ninth defense. But I don't think this is the end, and this isn't the end of our pursuit of gold either. I think there's still a long way to go.


KAITO KIYOMIYA 
(Sits down in the comments booth)
"Hey, YOICHI! I'm going to humiliate you more than anything else at the best place in Noah, and the best place for Noah!" 

YOICHI
"As I said in the ring, I will defeat Kaito Kiyomiya, a lukewarm revolutionary wannabe, and begin the dawn of a new Noah". 

Comments