(NOAH/WWE) "I think Japanese wrestling is the greatest", AJ Styles is excited about Noah's Nippon Budokan on July 13th. Enthusiastic about the clash with Marufuji, "the perfect opponent".


18th June 2024
ABEMA TIMES

WWE'S AJ Styles (47) will be taking part in Pro Wrestling Noah's "ABEMA presents DESTINATION 2024" to be held at the Nippon Budokan on July 13th. It has been announced that he will face Naomichi Marufuji (44) in a singles match. 

AJ, who joined WWE in 2016, is a well known wrestler, who has been active in Japan, including winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in New Japan. This will be his first match in Japan since joining WWE, so fans are paying close attention. 

About his participation, AJ said, "I can't forget the Noah I used to watch and admire". He added, "I know very well how talented Marufuji is. His long career says it all. But I won't lose, so lets make it the best match on July 13th". AJ continued about his impression of Marufuji as follows: "I respect him for his long career and I know his fighting style and quirks well. I don't think I can beat him easily. It's going to be a tough fight, but I am looking forward to it."
As for why he wanted to fight Marufuji in a singles match, "Not only have we never fought in a singles match, but we've never been in the same ring. It's special to be in the ring with him. Marufuji is one of the best wrestlers. He has the ability to be successful not only in Noah but anywhere. It's phenomenal to be able to stand in the ring with him". 

AJ also talked about his impression of Noah, saying, "I can't forget the Noah I used to watch and admire, and there was a time when it was one of the world's top wrestling promotions. Japanese wrestling is the best, that's for sure. I did matches in Japan for about two years, so I know how passionate they are about wrestling. I have a lot of knowledge about Japanese wrestling, and I think it's the greatest. It's going to be a tough match, and neither of us will give in. He's held a lot of belts so far, and is also a four time GHC Heavyweight Champion, so he's a perfect opponent."

AJ has once again spoken of his enthusiasm, so keep your eyes peeled for the fierce battle he will put up with Marufuji at the Nippon Budokan on July 13th.

Comments