(NOAH) "Donmai, Donmai" ~ Mitsuharu Misawa's diary ~ 29TH JUNE 2007

Cheers! It's getting to be a weather where your penis can get steamy, so be careful not to get jock itch. However, in this coming season, you will sweat no matter what you do. I don't generally dislike sweating, but it can be a bit annoying when you sweat when you're not wearing casual clothes, but a suit. It's a standard topic, but it sure is a pain to go to the bathroom when it gets hot. For us wrestlers, going into a bathroom that isn't air-conditioned means going into a sauna (well, it's a private room so you "poop" anyway). By the way, when a wrestler comes out of the bathroom sweating, we think "they've been pooping," but we call this sweat "poop sweat." To all of you out there who think this is dirty, I want to ask: Don't you poop?

I kept asking about this, and one of my employees told me recently that someone collapsed on a commuter train, but most people just pretended not to notice. While the employee was speaking from the train to the station staff, the person next to the collapsed person was reading a comic book and pretending not to notice. There must be emergency buttons and other ways to deal with this, but it's amazing in a way that they don't do anything when they see someone in trouble right in front of them. I had a similar experience when I was younger. I think it was when I was about twenty years old, and it must have been when I got the last train after a match. I got on the Odakyū Odawara Line, and saw a woman being harassed by a drunk old man (He looked like a guy who had red wine in his boxt* <----- This weeks "Only those who know will understand"). I was young, so I went to stop him right away, but even then, the people around me pretended not to see. And this is a different story, but a long time ago, at a bar I went to for the first time, the bar owner was being harassed by a customer (maybe he was an acquaintance or just a familiar face), so I stopped him (we can't put our hands on him, so even if we get kicked and lose our balance, all we can do is stop him). The parting words the drunkard said at the end were "He's big...", I said to myself "While you had a good time, I practiced hard to build this body, boxy." ...I suddenly remembered this topic when I heard the recent news that a high school student in Miyagi Prefecture found a person collapsed on a train and, thanks to the appropriate and swift action taken, no serious injuries were sustained. I don't know if I would be able to act appropriately if I were faced with such a situation, but I think it's important to cherish the connections between people. 
Now that we've gotten serious about this, I'd like to answer Aoki's question: What did you want to do after you came back from overseas? Is it okay to be frank? Is it okay to be open? But, I'll leave the details of "......" to your imagination. The only thing I can say is that, unlike Ippei, he doesn't lock himself in his own room. Other than that... food and a bath, I guess. I wanted to eat Japanese soba noodles. I also wanted ramen and rice bowls. I'm sure they had rice bowls over there too, but I didn't see them much. I also wanted to take a bath, so I wanted to soak up to my shoulders in a hotel or hot spring. In the end, I returned after less than six months, but I remember that at the time there was no set duration, so I prepared myself to stay for two or three years. 

Here's a question for Shio. Summer is all about ice cream. What ice cream do you like or recommend these days? By the way, this is limited to products you can buy at convenience stores. I like "Pino" that Shio buys for me, and also "Gari-Gari-kun*" (there are times when I want something creamy and other times when I want something watery). 

The hot season is about to begin in earnest, so please take care of yourself, and support pro wrestling with enthusiasm.
This was Misawa. See you in two weeks!  

Notes
Red wine in his boxt: I can't find any deeper meaning to this, other than he's saying he looked like an old man doing some shopping who put alcohol in his old person cart (i.e. the one with wheels and the lid), which is also the reason for his later nickname "Boxy". 
Pino & Gari-Gari-kun: Pino (which seem to be sold worldwide) are small chunks of creamy ice cream with a chocolate coating, whereas Gari-Gari-kun is more of an ice lolly. 

Comments