(NOAH) "I'm actually really sad", Naomichi Marufuji on the sudden announcement of Yoshinari Ogawa's retirement


Tokyo Sports
13th August 2024

Noah veteran Yoshinari Ogawa (57) has decided to retire due to a neck injury, and voices of sadness are spreading among wrestlers. 

Immediately after Noah announced Ogawa's sudden retirement on the 13th, Naomichi Marufuji (44) updated his X and wrote, "There is no retirement press conference or ceremony, which I think is typical of Ogawa. I'm sad, but this is something only he can understand, so I spoke to him personally. I also made some requests, and received a favorable response. Ogawa-san, thank you for your hard work during your active career, and I look forward to continuing to support you in the future." A few minutes later, Marufuji posted on X again, revealing his painful feelings, "I spoke in very formal terms earlier, but the truth is, I'm really sad because he has taught me so much since I started at eighteen, and even though practice was tough, he would invite me out to dinner when I was new. After I debuted, we were in the same unit, and we fought and drank together, and I learned so much from him." He revealed his painful feelings and said, "I wanted to wrestle again".

Takashi Sugiura (54) also posted on X, "Ogawa-san, thank you for your hard work in your active career. Please continue to support Noah and our wrestlers."

Comments