(NOAH) "I'm curious about Kenoh", Tavion Heights, a wrestler who competed in the Tokyo Olympics, is coming to the N-1


1st August 2024
Nikkan Sports

Tavion Heights (27), a wrestling elite who also competed in the Tokyo Olympics as a representative of the United States, will be taking part in Pro Wrestling Noah's single league tournament, the N-1 VICTORY, which kicks off on August 4th at the Yokohama Budokan. Heights is currently active in NXT, one of the WWE brands, as a member of the heel unit "No Quarter Catch Crew" with Charlie Dempsey (who competed in All Japan from the end of last this year to this year). Heights spoke about his enthusiasm for winning the N-1.

Q: Regarding participating in the N-1?
HEIGHTS: I'm really looking forward to it. The last time I came to Japan was for the Tokyo Olympics, and I feel like it's fate
Q: Did you see the recent Noah Nippon Budokan match between Naomichi Marufuji & AJ Styles?
HEIGHTS: I definitely had to see it. Of course, it was because I was going to Japan soon, but I thought it was art. I thought the fight between the two legends, who just put all the techniques they've learned in their careers together, was a work of art.
Q: Who are you looking forward to fighting in the N-1?
HEIGHTS: I'm looking forward to my first opponent (Titus Alexander), because I think his style is a bit similar to mine. Another wrestler I'm interested in is Kenoh. I think he will raise my level, and if I fight him, I will be able to raise my level tremendously. Charlie Dempsey, a wrestler from the same unit, who came to All Japan, told me "I couldn't beat the strong Japanese wrestlers unless I practiced hard and prepared well. I learned that if you train every day and go to Japan, you have to adapt to the culture and environment". 
Q: You're currently in a heel unit, but will you fight like a heel in Noah? 
HEIGHTS: First of all, I want to see how the people watching react, and if that is what the Japanese fans want, then I think I'll end up becoming a really bad guy. 
Q: Why did you switch from being a top amateur wrestler to being a professional wrestler? 
HEIGHTS: After competing in the Olympics, I felt like something was missing. I was doing well and succeeding, but I still felt unfulfilled. It wasn't that I wanted a gold medal, but I realized that the cheers and roars of the crowd while I was fighting really motivated me. I wanted to fight in that kind of environment, so I decided to pursue professional wrestling.
Q: What are your thoughts on the N-1?
HEIGHTS: I will participate in the N-1 VICTORY with the determination to absorb everything I wasn't able to experience or was not satisfied with the last time I visited Japan, and I will win!

Comments