(NOAH) Josh Briggs, WWE assassin, starts off with consecutive wins in the N-1; the former American Football elite feels the uniqueness of the Japanese mat.


10th August 2024
Tokyo Sports

A former American football elite aims to reach the top of the world from the Ark. Josh Briggs (31), who is competing in Noah's single league, the N-1 VICTORY from America's WWE NXT, spoke about his ambitions. 

During his school days, he devoted himself to American Football, and went on to university on a scholarship. After graduating in three years after skipping grades following excelling in both academics and sports, he was invited to try out for the NFL. However, he turned it down and decided to jump into the world professional wrestling, which he had been longing for since he was five years old. After five years of success as a wrestler, at 204cm tall and 122kg, he joined the world's largest promotion in 2020, and he wants to use his participation in Noah as an opportunity to grow. He said, "I think that the fact that WWE invited me to come here, is a message like that". 

He is seizing that chance abroad, emphasizing "The American audience watches while making a lot of noise, but in Japan they watch carefully. That's why I can take my time, and do each technique with care. I've become more conscious of paying attention to the details". 

His results have been excellent so far, and after beating Ryohei Oiwa in the opening match of Block A, he defeated Atsushi Kotoge at Korakuen Hall on the 9th, making it two wins in a row. He said, "I want to win. Before I came to Japan, I told everyone at WWE, that I would win". 

Will he be able to bring home the trophy as he said? 

Comments