(NOAH) Yoshiki Inamura declares "complete overwhelming victory", looking ahead to getting revenge on Kiyomiya, "I'm okay with making the final a title match"


3rd August 2024
Tokyo Sports

Yoshiki Inamura (31), who will be competing in Noah's singles league, N-1 VICTORY (starting August 4th at the Yokohama Budokan), has vowed to win "every match, and win by a landslide". 

On the 2nd, just before the start of the tournament, Inamura held a training session in Tokyo under the guidance of Japan Strongman Association representative, Kenji Nakajima (32). He is working hard to strengthen his physique by carrying a 100kg sandbag, and declared, "My goal is to win all matches with a perfect victory". 

Inamura suffered a humiliating complete defeat in last years N-1, and volunteered to go overseas to train. After gaining experience in the UK, he returned in triumph under the name "YOICHI" that he used there, and in July he challenged the GHC Heavyweight Champion Kaito Kiyomiya, but lost and changed his name back to Yoshiki Inamura. Looking ahead to N-1, he said, "I want to dominate every match. I want the audience to only remember me. This time, I'm not just aiming for a perfect victory. I want to win every match with a perfect victory. I think that's the only way to turn around last year's terrible result." When asked about what comes next, he declared, "Of course, I'll challenge Kaito Kiyomiya again right away." Since he and Kiyomiya are in different blocks in N-1, the only chance they'll face each other is in the championship match (September 1st at Edion Arena Osaka 1st Stadium) after they've both won their league matches. Inamura smiled fearlessly and said, "If that happens, I'm okay with making the final a title match." By the way, regarding "YOICHI", he said that the fight with Kiyomiya was "a turning point" and then said meaningfully that, "YOICHI is not dead, he is my incarnation..." 

Anyway, first of all, he wants to hit the target of winning the N-1, and show his strength to the world.

Comments