(NOAH) "DONMAI, DONMAI" ~ Mitsuharu Misawa's diary ~ 10TH AUGUST 2007

Cheers! 
It's hot, isn't it? I wonder how people without air conditioners are getting by. I'm Misawa, and I'm thinking, "I'd die without an air conditioner." Come to think of it, when I was a child, we didn't have air conditioners, and we could get by with just an electric fan, but am I the only one who feels that Japan has been very hot these past few years? By the way, even though I'm sensitive to heat, I've never had summer fatigue (although I used to get "heat rash" as a child and used heavy powder [Siccarol?]). The trick to avoid summer fatigue is to eat properly. The key here is to avoid an unbalanced diet, and not to eat only somen noodles or chilled Chinese noodles. If you only eat somen noodles, you'll get hungry quickly.

Summer is still in full swing, but we're still as busy as ever even during our off-time. Speaking of which, the other day I had the opportunity to join Yoshio Kojima from "Oppappy" for a recording session on "CS Japan". Personally, it was hard to get along with him!!! (<---I'm kidding). Anyway, I think the details will be covered in Kotaro's diary, who was overjoyed, so I won't go into them here, but I wonder what everyone who watched it thought? 

Last weekend, SEM had a match at Kasukabe Yumoto Onsen. Thank you to everyone who came to watch in the heat *bow*. I went to the venue, but I watched the match from the bus, feeling sorry for everyone. I was worried about the heat, but I was also worried that as it was an outdoor match, there would be no lighting, and people would not be able to watch the match once the sun went down, but this time it ended just in time while it was still light, so I'm relieved. Today (August 10th) there is a match at Shiodome. I think it will be much hotter than you can imagine, so if you can, please bring a change of clothes, and if you can't, please don't forget to bring a fan or folding fan. Well, I think many people will be on Obon* holiday from this weekend. How will you spend it? We have matches so we can't relax, but for those who are taking time off or visiting their ancestors graves, I think Obon is a fitting holiday to express gratitude to your ancestors for your wellbeing. 

This time I'll answer Ito's question...
The Famicom is way back*! How old are you, anyway? Hasn't it been more than 20 years since the days of the Famicom? I don't think there were that many types of family computers back then, but speaking of the Famicom, I bought one as soon as it came out. I can't remember what the first game was. There was "Spartan X*", and I remember that "Block Break" was surprisingly difficult, and I remember getting hooked. Now that I think about it, the graphics were rough, but at the time I remember playing until the morning, thinking, "I can play games for free!" So, there are no particularly difficult games. 

Finally, I have a question for Ippei, who will be in charge next week and has just returned from his European tour with Riki*. Please answer with a sense of regret or remorse. I don't think you caused any trouble, but what was one thing that you thought you "did wrong" during the tour? You're only as stupid as you think you are, Ippei.

The heat will be at its peak from now on, so please take care of your health.

This was Misawa. See you in two weeks.   

Notes
Obon: Japan's festival of fire and farewells. In the early to mid autumn, the veil between the two worlds is at its thinnest, and the ancestors come back to their ancestral homes for three days. Family members attend neighborhood dances, cook special foods, visit graves, travel home to their hometowns, visit shrines, and prepare their homes for their visitors. At the end of the three days, the dead are seen off to the underworld with lanterns floated down the river or on the sea. 
Famicom: Known as the NES in Europe, was released in Japan in 1983. I still have my beloved childhood system, and some games. 
Spartan X: The Jackie Chan movie was made into Arcade game, of which Misawa (whose favorite film this was) took his theme music from. Those in Europe and America, will know this game as Kung Fu. 
Riki: Takeshi Rikio 

Comments