Interview with Go Shiozaki (13th October 2017)


"I will win the first round against Naomichi Marufuji"

In Shiozaki's current Global League, Go, who has not played in the final before, will aim for his first victory against Naomichi Marufuji. This is an interview with Go Shiozaki who is looking to win the GHC title!

"I have to become a symbol of Noah"

- Shiozaki has not won the championship from the Global League yet?
I have never won the championship in the final; until then there is nothing left to do.

- On the 14th October, you wrestle in the first round against Naomichi Marufuji for the second consecutive year. You have not won against Marufuji in the past, right?

I have never won in a single match against him. Because I have never beaten him, in the second consecutive year, I will win! I said it because I think it. As a wrestler who is said to be a symbol of pro wrestling Noah, defeating Marufuji will symbolise it. I think that breaking past Marufuji is important in the Global League.

Beyond the Global League and onto the "GHC"


-Although you dropped the tag belt the other day in Yokohama, what now for single competition?

That's right. I dropped the tag, I wanted Eddie before the title fight (10.1 Yokohama vs Marufuji) yes, before even (8.26 Korakuen vs Nakajima) so, after all, I want to fight! I think. I have also been defeated by Eddie (3.25 Korakuen. Defeat in a single battle), but Eddie Edwards can not go and do not return what he has borrowed. Since his debut, Eddie is the person who took the GHC by the three count, and I think in this league series you can get through and catch the "GHC", I think that it is a good thing.

The battle with Yuki Okabayashi will stun the viewers


--I don't think you are going to be able to ignore Yuji Okabayashi?

Because he had not come to the press conference, I did not feel anything at all, but I have had a pair of tags with him. I have also fought against him in tag matches. I think we can compete in the top of the league, so if there is a match between Go Shiozaki and Yuji Okabayashi, it will be such a match! I get pleasure from thinking about the energy of the people who are watching.

Victory! The first round is against Naomichi Marufuji.


--You will overcome all and win the championship?

Yes, winning! Then I will look forward and get back the belt from Eddie. I'm drawing on such a thing. But first of all it's Naomichi Marufuji. Since I cannot see the destination beyond him unless I go to it, I will look forward to the match firmly considering it is Naomichi Marufuji.

Original article: http://www.noah.co.jp/news_detail.php?news_id=10384

Comments