Katsuhiko Nakajima speaks of the reckoning

Nakajima looking at the trophy and pledging resurrection

(Tokyo Sports, October 13th 2017)

Katsuhiko Nakajima (29), a former GHC heavyweight champion, swore his resurrection by winning the league.

Today, Nakajima, attended the meeting of "The Global League Games 2017" (opening on the 14th at Korakuen Hall). "I think that winning this league game is the best way to be "Noah the Reborn"; this has motivated not only his first win, but the revival of the organisation. There are reasons for his wanting to win. He wants revenge against Eddie Edwards (33) who robbed him of the belt at Korakuen Hall on August 26th.

Nakajima said, "I lost a lot of things, not just belts. I stayed because the fans had trust and hope in me thankfully. In the past I was a Honor Student and young man who looked "strong and cool", but now my beard and hair have grown wild".

Sadly, he started drinking alcohol every day and the amount started to increase. "As useless as it is, I did not have control by myself, unconsciously I dyed my eyebrows and beard blonde" he mutters to himself. The sense of crisis in himself has not disappeared. Nakajima a few days before the interview came to the conclusion that "there is no choice but to win back the belt to regain myself and be champion again".

"Since I lost the belt in my home, I will go to the US and take back the belt". Nakajima has entered the B block, and in order to return to the original "correct Nakajima", he has to keep winning until November 19th at Korakuen.

Link to original article: https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/795334/

Comments