(NOAH) "I have lost three times so far, I am going to tighten up" Champion Takashi Sugiura acknowledges Atsushi Kotoge, and signs a match for the 29th April in Niigata. 2 major GHC matches.


17TH April 2018
Boku Pro (link to original article in Japanese)

On April 17th the GHC Heavyweight Championship match signing between Takashi Sugiura (champion) and Atsushi Kotoge (challenger), was held at TGI Fridays Tokyo City Dome branch, which is near Korakuen Hall. Also held was the GHC Heavyweight Tag Championship Match signing between Katsuhiko Nakajima and Masa Kitamiya (champions) and Kaito Kiyomiya and Go Shiozaki (challengers).

Prior to the big GHC match in Niigata, there will only be the final prematch of the 28th April in Kawaguchi city. Kotoge, who was booed when he made the challenge to Sugiura in Yokohama, has taken two pinfalls from Sugiura in the pre-match battles. Sugiura, who has truncated Kotoge as "the weakest challenger" he has had in a while, took the three counts from Kotoge in Sapporo on the 15th April. This is why Sugiura says when he thinks of the three counts that have been taken, he is tightening up and acknowledges Kotoge as champion and is looking forward to Niigata.

Kotoge declares the "Kotoge revolution" will take effect. In the Pro-Wrestling world where generational change happens swiftly, he strongly appealed to the sense of crisis in the current situation of the Noah champion being 47. "I want to show the progressive wrestling of the present era, as the fans who remember nostalgia are watching the seniors. That is why it is best to become a champion who weighs up words and assertions, which I will start with by putting on this belt". Kotoge's blueprint is to take the victory at all costs and by all means irrespective of the way Noah does things, or how the GHC is done, and starting a "revolution" from there.

The other championship is the composition of the "GHC Tag Champions vs Global Tag League Champions". Masa Kitamiya, who was beaten by Go Shiozaki in the official Tag Leagte match and then lost to Shiozaki in Sapporo. He says he wants to win the belt with resolve and he wants to take the victory from Shiozaki, "I made a promise at the signing ceremony."

Kaito Kiyomiya has also been inspired to make a challenge. It was the tag league match with the statement of "I am going to lead this team", but it was Go Shiozaki who was the one who took the championship point. "I want to challenge with the feeling that I can get the belt on that day" he swore in the final match.

GOKAI VS THE AGGRESSION

Shiozaki: We have decided to challenge for the championships in Niigata, and both myself and Kiyomiya are excited about it. In Sapporo I was able to win a single against these two. There is a bond between us, and I'd like to fight a tense battle in Niigata and stop these two, who say they do not stop.

Kiyomiya: We have won the tag league, and have the most momentum in the tag teams, with this momentum I would like to go for the belt with GoKai.

Kitamiya: Although this is our first defence, if we could not defend it even once then we would have not taken the belts from Yone and Storm and put on the belts, and it will be forgotten. Morever, our opponents will lose, even if it is Shiozaki and Kiyomiya. We will win and walk away still the champions. Please support us.

Nakajima: As they formed a tag team and won the tag league just by momentum there is a force to GoKai, but we took the belts. We are The Aggression, and we will show the difference between us on that day.

Q: Both teams, what would you caution your opponents?

Kiyomiya: Tag league was tough and so where the pre-championship matches, I want to see them on the day of the title match and I will use the torment I have as a springboard.

Shiozaki: They both have individual powers which are high, but I want to pay attention to the bond between them. You do not get that in singles matches. I would like to take a closer look at that during the title match. I want to grab the belt with youth and freshness.

Kitamiya: Points to note? Nothing that is particularly important. It was all done during Global Tag League. I won against Kiyomiya in the pre-fight, because I was destroyed by Shiozaki. There is a disapointment as champion when defeated, but it is just a matter of putting that down.

Nakajima: I feel the same. I was defeated in battle, so I believe that I borrowed it and will return it on the day.

Q: Is both matches, Kitamiya lost to Shiozaki?

Kitamiya: You forget the losers, but the winners remain in the heart. I want to pay off my regret, and wrap the belt. I want to take it from Shiozaki.

Kiyomiya: I think of the league match I missed, and I am bothered by it as I bought trouble to the team, but when I saw Shiozaki fight I got excited about. Thanks to him I have high motivation and I want to challenge you with that.

Q: Who do you want to win from Nakajima?

Nakajima: I lost to Go Shiozaki in the pre-match fight, so I want to take it from him, but I want to win. We have not defended against them yet and we do not want it to end with GoKai.

Q: What do you think about the bond between the challengers?

Kiyomiya: I won't speak of bonds here. It it what you feel inside. I am not going to say anything as I do not think anything.

TAKASHI SUGIURA VS ATSUSHI KOTOGE

Q: Do you feel enthusiastic for the title fight?

KOTOGE: At first people started booing me in Yokohama, but I think that now the situation is "juicy". I will win and overturn Noah. I will become champion, take Noah in a different direction to Kenoh or Katsuhiko Nakajima, and cause the mecha funny "Kotoge Revolution". You can count on me.

SUGIURA: My first comment is that if you think about it, this guy has taken three counts from me, three times this year. I don't think there is anyone else in Noah who has done that, so I am going to be cautious. I will acknowledge him as challenger, and I am looking forward to Niigata.

Q: Kotoge has said that that in the Pro-Wrestling world where there is a generational change happening, its abnormal to see that Noah's champion is 47 years old.

KOTOGE: Surely the late 40s middle aged man can fight equally against the my generation? It may be that people become nostalgic when they watch them, but I am a member of Noah too, and lets make it better. Lets bridge it to the future even more. If you think about it, you won't agree with it. This is an emergency. The old times have returned, and for our era to proceed, it must have a belt. This is why I did what thought, and put it into action.

Q: So apart from values about Noah stereotypes and GHC matches, are you intended to show the GHC match like it has never been seen before while keeping the goal of winning?

KOTOGE: That's right. I want to show progressive wrestling of today, but I don't want to drive away those who like the old glories. That is why it is best to become the champion. I will put my weight behind my words and assertions and put on the belt.

Q: Since Koriyama in June last year when you were champion, have you evolved since then?

KOTOGE: I my own opinion I have "grown very much", and it is normal to stay in Noah's heavyweight division.

Q: Sugiura, is there any caution on being defeated three times in these battles?

SUGIURA: Typically, in the second Korakuen fight I got headbutted and was sent flying. Be that as it may, I will be careful.

Q: Perhaps this GHC match will not be straightforward, and it seems it will be a GHC match where everything will change?

SUGIURA: Although it will not change the match, I will keep it in mind.

Q: You also fought against Kotoge's partner in the Tag League, which was a reminder of Kotoge's presence?

SUGUIRA: He has had very few results since turning to heavyweight. I know the feeling and the thoughts, after March when I defeated Kenoh. I do not mean to lose.

Q: When Kotoge's challenge was made, it was said it was "the challenger made it with his head?"

SUGIURA: Well, he used his head well in Sapporo. Is not the percentage of that using his head?

Q: So what exactly is the Kotoge revolution?

KOTOGE: There is lots to think about, but once I have the belt, I will put it into words.

Link to original article from Boku Pro.com (in Japanese)

Comments