(NOAH) 29th May 2018: Two major championships to be held at Korakuen Hall. Press conference for GHC Heavyweight and GHC Tag Heavyweight.


The GHC Heavyweight Championship match is to be held on the 29th May at Korakuen Hall. Noah held a FAN MEETING and the match signing at TGI Fridays. Takashi Sugiura will face Naomichi Marufuji for the GHC Heavyweight Championship, while the GHC Heavyweight Tag titles will be defended by Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Katsuhiko Nakajima and Masa Kitamiya.
The comments of each wrestler are as follows:

GHC HEAVYWEIGHT MATCH SIGNING CEREMONY


Q: What is your feeling towards the title match?

MARUFUJI: When I think of this GHC belt, I think it will be wrapped around my waist on the 29th. I want people to see it live, I want people to come and fill the seats and create the best atmosphere.

SUGIURA: The last time I faced Marufuji for the belt, it was during the Suzuki Army. Everyone I think knows, that it wasn't a good match. I would like to replace that by having a match that only we can by facing Marufuji for the belt.

Q: Marufuji will challenge for the GHC and the Three Crowns?

MARUFUJI: I have a calm attitude under pressure, so this year I am clearly saying "here we go!". Tomorrow there is the Triple Crown, but I am more interested in the GHC Heavyweight belt, I will put on this belt, standing firmly at the head of Noah. I am thinking of the rise of Noah. I do not think that I am someone who is chasing two hares, but I feel like I am being chased by two hares*, I feel confident in myself and I want to get results with it.

Q: Sugiura said that "Naomichi Marufuji is both a rival and a comrade in arms", but what kind of relationship is it between Takashi Sugiura and Naomichi Marufuji?

MARUFUJI: We have the same feelings, even when the young people in Noah say "It's Sugiura's time, it's Marufuji's time", but we both have a feeling for Noah which only we have, our stories that we share...I wonder...we will show step up and show such things, the young people be will watching, and I think that will be more stimulating. I think we will show something very different from the previous title match.

Q: Did Sugiura feel the energy of Naomichi Marufuji during the pre-match fights?




SUGIURA: Energy. It's always like that. We don't do what we do in title matches in the pre-fights. I don't know what kind of impulse, what kind of energy, what kind of attack will come, so I am not worried too much about the issue of it.

Q: Marufuji, how do you see the current champion, Sugiura?

MARUFUJI: I think he is the symbol of Noah's strength as others say. Even if we have pre-fight matches, we do it well. Its better for me to show better things in the title match, and get the results since I am against Sugiura, and not the four young people who are in the title tag match. I would like to show them such a match, as feel like they are still saying "it's not your era". Like Sugiura it is better to have this belt to build our time with.

Q: Do you want to celebrate your 20th anniversary in September with the belt?

MARUFUJI: Of course. After all, I want the best opponent...I don't feel anything else. I hope to do my best with my own power. I am thinking of the content...it would be nice to leave results...even so.. (rest doesn't translate well)

Q: Sugiura did not seem convinced of the last title match...

MARUFUJI: I think I am stronger than I was when Sugiura was with Suzuki Army. At that time he was using a chair, but his body is a weapon, he can fight with his body without using chairs. This Sugiura is stronger than the previous one, and so on the contrary, is more formidable, so much so that I bow my head and wish for the match.

Q: In this match you hope to give excitement to the young people, does Sugiura think the same?


SUGIURA: Energy. It's always like that. We don't do what we do in title matches in the pre-fights. I don't know what kind of impulse, what kind of energy, what kind of attack will come, so I am not worried too much about the issue of it.

Q: Marufuji, how do you see the current champion, Sugiura?

MARUFUJI: I think he is the symbol of Noah's strength as others say. Even if we have pre-fight matches, we do it well. Its better for me to show better things in the title match, and get the results since I am against Sugiura, and not the four young people who are in the title tag match. I would like to show them such a match, as feel like they are still saying "it's not your era". Like Sugiura it is better to have this belt to build our time with.

Q: Do you want to celebrate your 20th anniversary in September with the belt?

MARUFUJI: Of course. After all, I want the best opponent...I don't feel anything else. I hope to do my best with my own power. I am thinking of the content...it would be nice to leave results...even so.. (rest doesn't translate well)

Q: Sugiura did not seem convinced of the last title match...

MARUFUJI: I think I am stronger than I was when Sugiura was with Suzuki Army. At that time he was using a chair, but his body is a weapon, he can fight with his body without using chairs. This Sugiura is stronger than the previous one, and so on the contrary, is more formidable, so much so that I bow my head and wish for the match.

Q: In this match you hope to give excitement to the young people, does Sugiura think the same?

SUGIURA: What I feel is the young people in this company and their selfishness, is it still not enough for them? I think we will show them what a match is.

GHC HEAVYWEIGHT TAG MATCH SIGNING
GoKai (Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya) vs The Aggression (Masa Kitamiya & Katsuhiko Nakajima)


Q: What is your feeling towards the title match?

KITAMIYA: I lost the belts to them in Niigata. Why did we make our challenge immediately after losing? These two, (GoKai) the belt has no value. At Korakuen Hall we will take back the belts and start the regime of The Aggression.

NAKAJIMA: Finally in a week or so, the belt will come back. Is it too heavy for the championship team. It has been about a month, and I don't remember how I was with the belt, but since it will be coming back to us next week, I will sleep with the belt for that time and polish it.

SHIOZAKI: In Niigata, Kaito Kiyomiya got this belt. The Aggression want a rematch? I've got no objection. As for raising the value of it, well Go Shiozaki and Kaito Kiyomiya do just that, and there will be no shortage of opponents. It is a sensation to stand with the belts, and do you kow why? Masa was talking about it, I have to say "Don't lose then". That's all I really want to say, I am willing to take the belts, but I know what it is like as a former champion to say you lost, and I do not plan on losing on the 29th. I want to defend and raise the value even further.

KIYOMIYA (turning to The Aggression): This is the first GHC Championship that I have had. It is important to state that clearly, and that is why I have such strong thoughts about this belt. I will defend it with all I can on the day.

Q: Shiozaki has just told you, "Do not lose then?"

KITAMIYA: I will not gloss over the fact that I lost. I have to win, and have no other choice but to do that and to repay what I did. I cannot lose. There are no wrestlers who have never lost at some point during their professional wrestling careers. Winning makes me forget.

Q: After Niigata, The Aggression said "So, this is how we will win", what are your true intentions?

NAKAJIMA: Regarding our real intention...it might be best said, "how do we win this way?", but look at the outcomes of the challenge. The rematch was decided the next day (rest does not translate well)



Q: That is why you want to retain without question this time?

SHIOZAKI: Niigata was the best way to win. Absolutely Go Shiozaki and Kaito Kiyomiya raise the value of this belt, and it is a way to go beyond The Aggression. Winning is winning, and if you make contraversy, I will still win everything.

NAKAJIMA (to Kiyomiya): Please say something, people are gathering round.

KIYOMIYA: I understand what you are saying, and that is why I want to win at Korakuen Hall.

Q:In the signing ceremony of the GHC Heavyweight, Marufuji said "I want to make a fight to show to the four young people who are in the tag championship", what do you think about that?

SHIOZAKI: It is appreciated that he is concious of us. I am always trying to make my match the most memorable of the evening. This will not change on the 29th; I want to create a battle that will surpass the GHC Heavyweight, with Kaito, The Aggression and everyone in the venue; I feel strongly about this.

KIYOMIYA: The fighting spirit is burning "Noah the Reborn", so I want to represent that.

KITAMIYA: Well then, go ahead and fight by yourself. They have only had two matches...is it equal to their era? Lets see the merits! Even if people say we want to show off, we've always watched, and we have to go beyond them. I have gone to the ring many times thinking of that. In my opinion it would be better to have a good match and I feel that we will surpass them. I think we can show the battle of the generations at Korakuen in both the semi and the title match. Of course I would like to win, and I have an idea beyond that...



Q: Are you becoming more aggressive or cruel throughout the pre-matches?

NAKAJIMA: It's more greed...I feel a sense of crisis very much in this situation. If the main is "returning" to something like this in "Noah The Reborn", then this is the past and we have to stop and destroy this kind of situation as soon as possible. To do that we need the belts and we are looking to get them. The belt is our goal and we The Aggression, bet on us on the 29th May at Korakuen.


*Japanese proverb that Takashi Sugiura made in an earlier interview, "the man who chases two hares will catch neither". 

Comments