(NOAH) "Nothing is to be gained from tagging with Kitamiya", the real reason for the shocking betrayal: Kenoh and Takashi Sugiura interview - March 2017

To give a little background on this, on the 24th February 2017, Kenoh turned against his tag partner, Masa Kitamita, and joined Takashi Sugiura and Kaito Kiyomiya. President Uchida took the tag titles off of them, and it was decided that they would have a chance to win them back at "Great Voyage in Yokohama".



 "I wanted to grow, so I came to the conclusion that I should partner with Takashi Sugiura" (Kenoh)

Q: Sugiura, Kenoh, I was amazed by what happened at Korakuen Hall on the 24th. The fans want to know why it happened? Can you tell me again?

SUGIURA: Ask the man himself

KENOH: Well, even if I had kept the tag with Kitamiya, I thought there was no future. Once, we had the belt, he is easily controlled by the company. Honorable thing to see. (Next part doesn't translate, but Kenoh says he made the decision to team with Sugiura after fighting him in Hakata)

Q: So you thought that to progress you needed to align with Sugiura?

KENOH: I thought that in order to move on, I thought there was no use being a regular part of Noah's army, and that here is a place to move to action. Generally, it was nice to take a belt, even being partnered with Kitamiya, but no one ever put their name forward to challenge, and I felt like I was being thrown away with him. I wanted to grow, so I came to the conclusion that I should partner with Takashi Sugiura.

Q: You were being held back?

KENOH: I was pulled back, and I guess I could not go forward.

Q: Is that so? Sugiura, how do you see Kenoh so far?

SUGIURA: Well, he has settled in where he fits. Unlike Kitamiya, I have not thought of anything like things to do with the main team, although I do think about it, but I don't think of things that will fit in with the regime.

Q: Do you mean you felt a similar atmosphere to yourself?

SUGIURA: Yup. So why else did you come here?

Q: However, when the "Suzuki Army" ceased to exist, when Sugiura went back to Noah he was told to "move on"! They were not interested, do you feel the same?

KENOH: Well, honestly when it came to an end, I wasn't interested, I was thinking of the heavyweight belt and watching the target in front of me, but we took the belt in January and no one came to challenge. I was frustrated partnering with Kitamiya.

Q: But do Sugiura's actions appeal to you in such a situation?

KENOH: Although not attractive, it was a way to go further.

Q: I see, so that's why you moved to action at Korakuen Hall?

KENOH: I was thinking about February. As soon as you think of something, it is an action. If someone aims for the top, then take action immediately.

SUGIURA: Well, at that time there were three of us in the ring, I was knocked down by Kitamiya and Kenoh rose up? Is is bad to say that he rejected Kitamiya because he is unlucky? (Lol) Please compare us.

Q: I was curious about the circumstances of your teaming (laugh)

SUGIURA: I'm not angry you don't get it right, I do not care.

KENOH: Besides, until now I have not changed, like that Afro Guy. His is like a birds nest. He will have finally changed. If I do not change, then nothing will, so I have no choice but to move.


Q: But, it meant you were deprived of the belts.

SUGIURA: Oh, he's only keeping it for me. For the time being I am leaving it for President Uchida to polish beautifully.

Q: He's doing maintenance? (laugh)

SUGIURA: Yes, I just let him do maintenance.

"I think we will win the belts back in a gentlemanly match" (Sugiura)

Q: I see (laugh). So by the way, what impression do you have on your opponents, Yone and Kitamiya?

SUGIURA: Impression? You mean like how the fans see them?

Q: Well, the sense of emergency, you cannot deny it? (laugh)

SUGIURA: I wonder why Yone suddenly came forward. Well, that is not all to it is it? I'm not going to complain about him, but I have to say that it seems like this is out of character.

KENOH: As I mentioned earlier, I changed. Those guys really act slow. I don't think there is no way to bring the belt to such guys.

SUGIURA: Regarding Yone, his partner has been injured and because he is not injured "well, then I will..." I feel like that is a non serious feeling?

KENOH: Don't come and take our belt with such an idea!

Q: So it shouldn't be with them? (laugh) So, are you planning to leave your mark on Noah by the three of you, including Kiyomiya?

SUGIURA: I'm not planning to scratch it. I think I am going to crush it (laugh)

Q: If you crush it, then there will be nowhere to fight (laugh)

SUGIURA: I know!

Q: Kenoh, how is this three man group?

KENOH: I feel like I can aim further, I didn't get that feeling with an honor student like Kitamiya.

Q: You had an image of Kitamiya as an honor student?

SUGIURA: At first it was different. At first there was image of hunger, but sticking to the mold makes me bored as a wrestler. A character may be created, but he is in trouble because only characters are made.

KENOH: The number one most useless thing is the beard! 

Q: The beard, is it that bad? (laugh)

SUGIURA: I'm serious, it's foul. To both of us its foul. The shaggy hair and the beard.

Q: More a sense of cleanliness then? (laugh) So, your immediate goal is to control the match and win the belts, but what are your thoughts on the future?

SUGIURA: Well, tag league is coming up, so I defininately want to go from there as champion too. After that when it comes to putting on the belt, we will also aim for the singles. Lets take all of Noah's belts so that we can make you say great things.

KENOH: Before that we will defeat the unpleasant opponent, and the chairman can bring us our belts.

SUGIURA: I have only lent to him, I have to have it returned properly.

KENOH: I want to say we will quickly return that foul beard to his father.

Q: Excuse me, you say that his beard is disgusting, but what about Sugiura's beard? Isn't that hard to bear?

SUGIURA: This is okay!

KENOH: You're gentlemanly.

SUGIURA: This is the proof of a gentleman

Q: Gentleman (haha). This is a gentlemanly team.

SUGIURA: It is gentlemanly.

Q: Then, with the style of gentlemen, you will have the match?

SUGIURA (grinning): Well, we think we will have a gentlemanly match to get the belt back.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)


Comments