(NOAH) Global League 2018 press conference - 29th October 2018


Boku Pro
29th October 2018

Each wrestler gave their thoughts towards the coming League

Kazusada Higuchi: Thank you for giving me this opportunity. For me, the green mat has always been the subject of longing, but with respect, I am going to crush all my opponents and do my best to aim for the top. Please support me.

Cody Hall: As you can see, I am the biggest out of everyone. I will show you how important the "difference" is in professional wrestling, and I will receive this trophy.

Maybach Taniguchi:...

Kaito Kiyomiya: I am going to bring all of my passion into the league fight; I am aiming for the championship.

Atsushi Kotoge (who is wearing a cloak and a suit, the cloak having stripes and a high collar): I decided to be formal today. I think the comedic element has been strong these past few days, so please expect the same from Global League. I will show you the cool hero. Revolution!

Go Shiozaki: Last year I came in second place. I would like to take the victory and fully take the championship, start tomorrow when I want to break through the first match tomorrow.

Mohammed Yone: As expected, when I wear a suit, I become serious. I would like to usher in the league by proclaiming to everyone that "I will win the championship". Everybody, I would like you to come to the all the venues, I will be waiting at each one; thank you for your support.

Takashi Sugiura: Sugiura is the GHC Heavyweight Champion. I will participate as that and win the league. I want to do something that nobody has done. Please support me.

Kohei Sato: I am looking forward to it, and will do my best

Masa Kitamiya: I would like to ask all the Noah fans, what is the popular will and for whose generation? I will win the league, and I will take the popular will and the trophy.

Katsuhiko Nakajima: Finally, Global League will start from tomorrow. This year I will leave my mark, I cannot help but look forward to it. The blocks are divided, and well, I cannot fight with everyone, but A block and audience, lets enjoy an exciting night.

Quiet Storm: Good evening! This will be my fifth year in Global League! Five is a lucky number! I will win! 50cm in your face!

Akitoshi Saito: This time is the single league, and I will fight with all members of A block (rest does not translate well).

Naomichi Marufuji: 2018 is my 20th anniversary year. In order to finish it on a high, is by winning this League, I will challenge for the belt which Takashi Sugiura possesses, at the end of the year. I think that is the best way to end the 20th anniversary year. There are young wrestlers with power, and I would like to prove that you cannot win with just that alone. Especially...Kenoh, Nakajima (turns to face Nakajima, who grins), I am taking this into account. That is all.

Kenoh: Global League... (leans in close to Marufuji) ... Naomichi  Marufuji! I will defeat you and win the league twice, and... (leans in close to Takashi Sugiura)... I will take back the belt from you, and... (leans back in close to Marufuji)... Naomichi Marufuji! I will take the belt, challenge you, and defeat you again, and become Noah's face!

Q: What is are on your minds in your opening matches?

Shiozaki: I will clash with the GHC Champion in the first match, and I lost when I challenged Takashi Sugiura this summer. I would like to start the race by taking the first victory and returning what had happened.

Sugiura: I won in August, and I will win again this time, as I think he doesn't have any value as a heavyweight wrestler (the rest does not translate well, but I think he says something like he will make Shiozaki realize it is hopeless).

Q: Were you provoked by Kenoh's words?

Sugiura: That is still a long way off. Anyway, the league needs to be finished. I am not even thinking of that yet, first comes the victory in it.

Q: Marufuji, where you also provoked by Kenoh?


Marufuji: (turns to Kenoh)..Kenoh-kun*, why are you sitting between Sugi-chan and myself? Did you choose this seat yourself? (laugh). If it's a game, then its not going very well. Remember that.

(*Honorific used by superiors to inferiors, or by males of the same age and status to each other. Here Marufuji is using it to designate Kenoh as a inferior (and a child).

Q: Nakajima, Marufuji commented on the tournament tomorrow that he was going to make adjustments because of experience when you meet?

Nakajima (smirking): He's a veteran, that's why, naturally, "I will be kind" (very rough translation); I think I am going to enjoy the match.

Q: Kohei, you are enthusiastic about participating with ZERO-1 on your back?

Kohei: No, I don't feel burdened, but I want to keep ZERO-1's style.

Q: Higuchi is also strongly committed to participate as an individual, rather than participating burdened with DDT?

Higuchi: It's about half and half. Of course there is a feeling of carrying DDT with me, but to what extent will it pass? I feel like that.

Q: What is your impression of Noah again?

Higuchi: I have been watching it since High School days on Japan Telepetus. I have had a longing to go there. However, when you go as a professional wrestler, the story changes. I feel strongly I want to make these people understand where my power is.

Q: Who are you most interested in?

Higuchi: Personally, I am interested the most in Kiyomiya. Like Noah, it is necessary for DDT to raise up young people. I am looking forward to the fight with Shiozaki in my opening match.

Q: Kiyomiya, you have had a year with no results in singles?

Kiyomiya: I have had no results in the important matches, and because of this I have had a terribly disappointed feeling, so I will start the official match on the 8th with these feelings and break the shell in the first round.


Link to original article from Boku Pro (in Japanese)

Comments