(NOAH) "If I can defeat Takashi Sugiura in the first battle, it will definitely be the key to breaking through B block to the victory" ~ mini interview with Go Shiozaki.


Noah.co.jp
21st October 2018

Q: "Global League 2018" is beginning, last time you came in second place?
SHIOZAKI: Second place is meaningless as I did not win. Its the same regarding this league match.
Q: You are in B block along with Takashi Sugiura, Mohammed Yone, Atsushi Kotoge, Kaito Kiyomiya, Maybach Taniguchi, Cody Hall and Kazusada Higuchi from DDT.
SHIOZAKI: To be honest, as the champion is here, I think it is good to be put in the B block, rather than A block.
Q: This will be the rematch from three months ago after the GHC Heavyweight mach with Takashi Sugiura in Kawasaki in August?
SHIOZAKI: That's just it. I am happy with B Block, its the first point. (Next part does not translate well); however, I have to return what happened in the title match to Takashi Sugiura in B Block, and since I have not won Global League, this year is a strong feeling.
Q: The first round is against Takashi Sugiura on the opening night at Korakuen Hall on October 30th?
SHIOZAKI: It's good. Such a league match is a preparation, and we can sound each other out while scoring. However, to be able to fight with Takashi Sugiura in the first round, it's a head-on match. I think it is something that you can reflect on later. If I defeat Takashi Sugiura in the first round, I believe it will be the key to breakthrough victory, so first of all in order to charge full strength from the beginning, he is an opponent who must be won against, so I feel like the first round is good.
Q: On the 6th October in Takasaki, you fought for the first time in a match titled "Voyage for Global League" with the Super New Generation Army, and B Block entrant, Kaito Kiyomiya, who will also be in B block. The last time you two clashed, we thought it was exciting with a violent feel.
SHIOZAKI: He will always be my tag partner, but in this situation he is an opponent. Although I haven't fought him recently, even when he came back from overseas and challenged for the title, he could not take the belt, so I guess it is hard to move forward as a singles wrestler from that. I think that there is a feeling that betting on this league match is a strong one, but there is no anticipation because he is not quite an opponent. Because he feels his growth seriously, I expect to see him rise again after I remove the roots. Well, I am not thinking about losing, everyone who stands before me I will knock down. I want to win, and I will show the difference.


Q: Who else bothers you in B block?
SHIOZAKI: DDT'S Higuchi. He is physically heavy. At Toshiaki Kawada's event, (HOLY WAR), we fought together, he is a heavyweight competitor who attacks in a flash, and is a good opponent for me. I think he is an athlete, who you can go with from the start without using any tricks. I am looking forward to this fight, and I think it will be a different fight from the usual Noah one.
Q: Who would you like to face in A block?
SHIOZAKI: In this Global League it has to be someone from the Super New Generation Army, so I want one of these three, Kenoh, Kitamiya or Nakajima to win. Regarding one indivudual, who I lost to last time, I wonder what I feel about Kenoh. Oh well, I have my eyes on Takashi Sugiura for the time now. Since I cannot go through him first, I will take his head, and take the three counts.
Q: Please give your thoughts
SHIOZAKI: The curtain finally rises on Global League 2018. Last time, I was a runner up as I came second place, and I could not take the win, each year I get a feeling that it will be so, each years it seems that way, but I have not seen victory yet. I think that all the bouts will be like the title match, so please look forward to this years Global League with anticipation.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments