(NOAH) "It is exciting to do victory matches with two people from other promotions " ~ mini interview with Kohei Sato


Noah.co.jp
27th October 2018

Q: You have decided to participate in Global League 2018 for the first time?
SATO: Actually, I did talk about participating five years ago, but I was injured and I missed the opportunity, this time my wish has been granted, and I am looking forward to Global League.
Q: The first match is against Kenoh on the 30th October at Korakuen Hall?
SATO: It's going to be static. He uses a strong kick amongst wrestlers, and in a contest, I also have a strong kick. Defeated by kicking no? There will be electricity as we kick each other. In "Fire Festival 2017" I was beaten by Uchi. This time in Noah, I will return the debt in the League matches.
Q: The second match is on the 8th November at Korakuen Hall with Katsuhiko Nakajima?
SATO: I have tagged with him several times, but this is the first time he will be my opponent. He uses kicks of a different variety to Kenoh, and recently his style has changed. I don't really associate it with him. I guess it will be an interesting match, and I don't want to lose to "kick" wrestlers.
Q: After that you have Masa Kitamiya in Hiroshima on the 12th November?
SATO: It will be my first showdown with him. Frankly, the image of him is of someone with strength. The size between our bodies is different, but he seems to have a self-reliant force. I will clash with him without hesitation.
Q: What about the fight with Quiet Storm on the 14th November in Takamatsu?
SATO: I have fought with him before in a tag (six person in Niigata in 2014), but that arm! It throbs with power! (rest does not translate well)
Q: Storm says he is going to get revenge for that loss.
SATO: At the time it was a six person tag, and it is different for single matches. Do not be resentful anyway.
Q: On the 16th November, you face Mitsuya Nagai at the World Pavilion in Osaka.
SATO: Nagai has come here, but we have not had any matches. The style seems to be the same, but its all about wrestlers who use kicks! I haven't seen his matches in Noah, so what style will he come with...do not come with the pin. Actually, its the most uncertain factor, being frightening. I have lots to pull out in my career, my body may be big, but I have to make sure that my feet are not taken out from under me. Anyway, I do not want to lose to wrestlers using kicks.
Q: On the 21st November, you face Akitoshi Saito in Aizuwakamatsu.
SATO: Kicks! He uses kicks like Kenoh and Nakajima. His is a heavy karate kick. In addition, he is sturdy. Saito looks robust. How can I break it? I am looking forward to it.
Q: The 22nd November in Sendai is the last official match with Naomichi Marufuji?
SATO: I have won a singles match in the past, but I have to make sure that I don't match his style. I can't keep up his pace or movement. I will not use his playing field, I will crush it, and then there will be the same outcome.
Q: Marufuji and Saito are the GHC Tag champions?
SATO: The league triggers the same wavelengths, when the wrestlers meet each other, they all have the same aim. Because I am from an outside group, it is natural to carry the burden of winning the championship. When there are tag champions in the same block, you want to win. In the opposite block, there is the singles champion, Takashi Sugiura. I don't know who is going to win, but if I win, I will look for the single. In order to challenge for the belt, you need to get results, it cannot be challenged for so easily. You need to win first.
Q: Who do you think will win the championship?
SATO: Well...yeah...I dare to say that Go Shiozaki is interesting...also, Higuchi (Kazusada) is good. I've known him from the time he had a topknot, we did not talk about sumo, but only about puroresu. I did not expect to be in the league, and it would be fun to have two victories with an outside promotion. If that happens, I don't think the Noah wrestlers would find it funny (lol). It would cause some interesting things, and would not be finished by just the league matches themselves
Q: Although GHC Champion Sugiura is in B Block?
SATO: Winning the league is not that easy, I participated in "Fire Festival" for fifteen years, and only in two of them have I won the championship. I know his strength, Sugiura has been fighting over and over again. I don't know what is going to happen in the league match, but it can't be won by strength alone. Indeed, the champion is the most targeted. If it all goes well, I would go to the finals...but first, I have to win the block, and go to the final ring. But as I said earlier, I need to get results. I will naturally aim for it.
Q: Please send a message to both ZERO1 and Noah's fans
SATO: In Noah's "Global League 2018", I will carry the style of ZERO-1, and stand in the finals in the ring.

Link to original article from Noah.co,jp (in Japanese)

Comments