(NOAH) "No champion has won the Global League championship yet" ~ mini interview with Takashi Sugiura.


Noah.co.jp
28th October 2018

Q: Global League 2018 starts on the 30th October at Korakuen Hall
SUGIURA: I am the current GHC Champion, so I have the goal of winning Global League as the reigning champion, as no champion has won the Global League championship yet. I am fired up.
Q: This will be your eighth participation. You won Global League 2014. Although you are the current champion, it will be the first time a champion has won the league. You did not participate last year due to surgery for atrial fibrillation. Did you have any thoughts while watching?
SUGIURA: When Kenoh won the championship, I felt the force of young power, and I became impatient for my own results and wanted to return to the ring as soon as possible.
Q: You returned to the ring on the 28th October at Korakuen Hall during Global League, for the first time in about five months. Although you returned quickly, was it a little quickly for your condition? What were your thoughts?
SUGIURA: Not really. I was worried though because I couldn't stop bleeding when I was injured, but because I was taking medicine and training, I was preparing to be able to return, it wasn't too early.
Q: Because you missed out due to surgery, I think that managing your physical condition is managed more carefully than usual. Management is important, has it been difficult?
SUGIURA: I'm not especially concerned, it's the same as usual. Even before when there was a title match once a month, I was prepared for it physically. I may need to adjust to it as now the matches are distributed differently, its not going to be too difficult or something I have to worry about.
Q: B block is going to be a fierce battlefield, who are you interested in?
SUGIURA: Out of all the things to worry about, it is Go Shiozaki. I meet him in the opening matches at Korakuen Hall on October 30th. I am concerned about Shiozaki.
Q: Kaito Kiyomiya spoke for the GHC Challenge after the title defense against Katsuhiko Nakajima on the 4th October at Korakuen Hall, you have been pretty intense in finding fault. Kiyomiya would like to challenge with the force of winning this years league...
SUGIURA: Even though I have the desire to say that he has no force, it is not easy (laugh). Although there is drive to say that he is young, and he is a child. No. Not yet.
Q: Of course you are thinking about going to 1st place in B Block, and going to the finals. Who do you want to fight with in A block for the championship?
SUGIURA: Naomichi Marufuji and Akitoshi Saito. I mention the same generation, as we fight together now, and there is a desire to show our unity in the final victory.
Q: You fought with Naomichi Marufuji for the GHC Heavyweight Championship on the 29th May at Korakuen Hall this year. Do you feel that this is a special partnership?
SUGIURA: Yeah. There is still some way to go until we can say we have done our best. We have to lead.
Q: Please give a message to the fans
SUGIURA: Since we are going through a series of intense matches throughout the month, I hope you come and see it. I have a goal called Global League conquest as the GHC Heavyweight Champion, please come and see it by all means.


Link to original article from Noah.co.jp


Comments