(NOAH) Takashi Sugiura, sixth GHC Defense interview


5th October 2018
Noah.co.jp

Q: What are your thoughts looking back on the championship match with Nakajima?

SUGIURA: I think it was a very hard match. I was kicked pretty much, and my face was stretched...always I managed to give my opponent an elbow and slaps, but on the contrary to all of that yesterday, it was hard at times to strike back, and I do feel it was quite a hard match.

Q: This was the fight with "Darkside Nakajima", which is a different transformation than before?

SUGIURA: This was first time, and it was harder than the pre-fights, but I am glad that I finished the winner. However, he has become a type of wrestler who I haven't experienced in the past GHC matches or in Noah. However, within Noah, I wonder if he could bring a new battle to the GHC...in that sense, I think that it is acceptable.

Q: After the match, Kaito Kiyomiya and The Hooligans put themselves forward?

SUGIURA: They have expressed their challenges, but since Global League begins on October 30th, I think they can wait a moment. The strongest challenger will be decided by the league. If I win, there is no opponent in Noah, so I guess it is okay to ask someone from outside the company.

Q: The only person in the Super New Generation Army, and the only person you have not yet defeated, is Kaito Kiyomiya?

SUGIURA: Although I did not directly do it, he lost the number one contender decision against Kenoh (rest does not really translate well)

Q: The Hooligans are sharpening their fangs in earnest?

SUGIURA: This time they are trying for the tag belts in Kobe, and they are also in the Generational Struggle, and I want them to come in more and more, I welcome that they did yesterday, and I want them to have more appeal.

Q: You are now turning your attention to Global League, but no wrestler has won the league as champion as of yet?

SUGIURA: I have heard that no one else has done it, and that is why I want to challenge. Collectively, if I get the overall victory the opponents will vanish and that is interesting to me. I guess it is also possible.

Q: Who do you want to face in the league final?

SUGIURA: I am not concerned who it is.

Q: There are other wrestlers on the horizon from outside...so, I have to ask, are there any wrestlers you have a specific interest in?

SUGIURA: If there are no opponents in Noah, and although the story is not concrete yet, I got a new stimulus when I went to Masato Tanaka's anniversary match, and considering that kind of thing, it might be interesting to do it with him.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)


Comments