(NOAH) "(To Kenoh) This is the perfect stage to revenge the GHC Heavyweight Championship match from the beginning of this year, and the loss in the number one contender match in June" ~ Mini interview with Kaito Kiyomiya


Q: In Global League 2018, this will be the second time in two years?
KIYOMIYA: Last time I could not get a single victory, and I was completely defeated...well, although it is common, I want to show that I have grown from last time.
Q: As a result of experiencing foreign expedition from the last Global League, then returning to challenge the GHC Heavyweight immediately, winning Global Tag League and being GHC Heavyweight Tag Champion, you have had great progression so far, that has been felt.
KIYOMIYA: That is the case, but I have not been able to make a track record as a singles wrestler, and so I have a desire to gamble on this Global League.
Q: You are in B block with Takashi Sugiura, Mohammed Yone, Go Shiozaki, Atsushi Kotoge, Maybach Taniguchi, Cody Hall and Kazusada Higuchi from DDT.
KIYOMIYA: No, there is certainly no shortage of opponents; the members are big.
Q: On the 4th October, you made a challenge for the GHC Heavyweight held by Sugiura, but he turned you down because of "lack of achievement in first Global League", however, you now have the chance to face him early.
KIYOMIYA: If I can win over the champion, then I think I can convince Sugiura, and the audience as well, of my ability.
Q: In the first round of the league, your match is against Sugiura at Korakuen Hall on November 8th
KIYOMIYA: After all, as the league progresses, I think it is a good feeling that we can fight in the first match in the best condition. In other words, if you can use your strength with the strongest person, you can demonstrate your ability. If I win against Sugiura in the first match, the next will have momentum.
Q: On the 7th October at Takasaki, in the Global League match entitled "Voyage for GL", your tag partner and same B Block competitor, Shiozaki, fought against you and beat you?
KIYOMIYA: Although I am with the Super New Generation Army, its the same as the generational struggle, in Global League after all, everyone becomes an enemy and everyone has their own part to play I guess. Especially for Shiozaki, the battle has already started from "Voyage for GL", and I am conscious that among them I will shine brighter than any other opponent.
Q: Are there any wrestlers you are worried about in B Block?
KIYOMIYA: Higuchi of DDT. Even when watching from the same corner at Toshiaki Kawada's produce, his body is heavy, his thrust his heavy, and as I am a power fighter, it is easy to understand, and I am looking forward to fighting.
Q: If you proceed to the final match against the wrestler who has come first place in A Block, who would you want this to be?


KIYOMIYA: Kenoh. It is the perfect setting for the defeat of the GHC Heavyweight match this year, and the number one contendership in June, he is the one I have never beaten since returning from overseas.
Q: So at the finals, you would want to have a fight between the Super New Generation Army?
KIYOMIYA: Yes, but I am more interested in winning as an individual than anything else.
Q: Please give your thoughts at the end of the interview.
KIYOMIYA: I will be sure to meet your expectations in the league. I think this is my biggest opportunity, as my goal has been to take the belt in a year. I think I have been giving a lot of frustrating feelings to both the fans and myself, and I accept those feelings and will surely bring out the results in this league and get the belt. Please support me!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese) 

Comments