(NOAH) "Come at me you bastards" ~ Kenoh's column (November 27th 2018)

Kenoh starts the column by commenting on the front cover, which of course shows Kaito Kiyomiya winning Global League 2018.

Kenoh: Bastards! Weekly Pro! What is this?
Q: What? What's wrong?
Kenoh: On the front page it says, "Kenoh, Naomichi Marufuji, Message to Morishima", but I haven't sent a message. I haven't said his name or said anything.

The next part doesn't really translate well, but the interviewer said that at Korakuen Hall on the 8th November, Kenoh gave a speech about "being the ray of light" or the "hope" of Noah. Kenoh says that "hope", "violence", "kicking" are three words that contain different kanji, but there is a different type of "hope", and that is the kind he was talking about that day. The first was the important fight with Marufuji, and taking the first step of robbing him of being Noah's face.

Q: I wonder if that was also a message to Morishima at that time?
Kenoh: It was not a message to the boss. It was more me strongly saying that my venerated senior had lowered the stock of wrestling. I thought it was deplorable when I heard about what had happened. I think the fans have the same feelings.
Q: On the 4th, it was big news that Morishima was arrested for assaulting a taxi driver. I was thinking about the mentality of wrestling fans.
Kenoh: Naturally. I woke up to people saying that he had shamed wrestling. That is why I chose the word "hope", I didn't want fans to keep feeling that way.

The next part doesn't really translate well, but he mentions the "Super Violent Army" and says that it gave him strength after being so exhausted after the match with Marufuji. Regarding "kicking", well he says that he has been trying it in various ways since he became a heavyweight.
He doesn't really want to talk about Morishima, but he can't really help speaking about his feelings, but he mentions about some "assholes and their malice".

Q: So how did you feel about the incident?
Kenoh: I felt sorry for the victim when I heard the news, but I was glad he (Morishima) was honest when he was arrested. Several weeks before the arrest, watching Morishima was a mystery, it was truly crazy. It was not something I liked.

Kenoh says he has not seen Morishima, but he knew that it would only be a matter of time before something happened.
The interviewer relates a story that on October 17th, Morishima said he was returning to Gifu and he wanted to see him (Kenoh) before he went. Some people wouldn't go but...
Kenoh says he was hesitant, but as he was indebted to Morishima he went, as he thought that Morishima wanted to return there and start over. However, Morishima said he didn't want to go.
Morishima didn't want to listen to anyone. Kenoh was telling him, "you don't have to stop in the ring, but you can't do it in your private life" (he means you can't burn the candle at both ends). He also mentions about Morishima's  insistence that people support him, when Morishima could have supported himself.

"Even so, it was disappointing".

Q: It was painful to see Morishima's fall.
Kenoh: I wish had been able to stop it, and made more of an effort. When I last met him I should have forced the issue in Gifu.

However, Morishima has always given Kenoh support and he says that out of all the people who came out to try and help him, he had a good advantage. Morishima back in Tokyo made him crazy quickly, that side of his nature came out and it was strange. He wants him to get better and compensate for what he has done in a "isolation unit", (it sounds ominous but its the equivalent of a healthcare secure unit) and return to the good old days.
Kenoh believes that Morishima will get better, and even if "the boss" goes away, he (Kenoh) will be the hope of the pro-wrestling world and will lead it.

(Translated from Weekly Pro)

Comments