(NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya's first defense and an ambition in Canada

7th January 2018
Tokyo Sports Web

The momentum of the young champion will not stop.
Kaito Kiyomiya (22) successfully repelled the challenge of Kenoh (34) and succeeded in his first defense of the GHC Heavyweight Championship held at Korakuen Hall on January 6th.
It was a deadly fight. He took strong kicks to both sides, and was thrown vertically from the apron after 15 minutes. Nevertheless, after a deadly fight, he managed to take the 3 counts with an atomic tiger bomb. Last December, he defeated Takashi Sugiura at the Yokohama event, and robbed Naomichi Marufuji (39) of his youngest championship record (26 years and 11 months).

After the match he was challenged by Masa Kitamiya (30) and Atsushi Kotoge (33), but there is no difference, "Whichever is fine. I will leave the match format to the company, however, I will say only this, I am Noah's face of 2019".

There is also an ambition, and that is to fulfill a "Triumphant defense" in Canada where he trained for five months from July 2017.
"Canada is my starting point for repeated defenses. I think I want to show you myself as champion".

In Canada he was taken care of by the Senior Vice Chairman, Scott D'Amor (44) of Impact Wrestling, who partnered with Noah.
Noah's chairman, Masayuki Uchida (56) said, "When he won Global League (in November 2018), I immediately called you. The boy, who you bought up, has won the championship. A defensive match in Canada will be a pleasure".

"I believe I have got here with my own two feet. The next time, I will not lose to anyone!"
The next generation of "The Ace of The Ark", has resolved to open the doors to a new era.

(Article and picture credit, Tokyo Sports Web)


Comments