(NOAH) Wrestling Grand Prix Fighting Spirit winner Kaito Kiyomiya, "My starting point for battle came from Fujinami and Choshu"

11th January 2019
Tokyo Sports Web

In this special edition, the winners of the Tokyo Sports "2018 Grand Prize" will talk about their vision for 2019, in the "Year of Flight", the 4th is Kaito Kiyomiya (22).
He has won the "Fighting Spirit Prize​" for his great growth last year. He is a young champion, who is still in the process of growing, is striving to increase his fighting spirit and beat the highest defensive record of the belt. Surprisingly, the support for the battle, is a respect for "the Showa era".

- 2018 began with a bitter experience 

KIYOMIYA: At the beginning of the year (January 6th), I lost to Kenoh (who was the GHC Heavyweight champion at the time), from then on I held the conviction to, "revenge myself on Kenoh".
I did finally get a belt, but at that moment my sense of responsibility was stronger than my happiness as I said, "I will be Noah's face".

- What is your depiction of the image of a champion?

KIYOMIYA: I want to rise with the belt. It is my goal to make any venue I go to super crwoded. I want to aim for the fans to return with a smile each time.

- Your debut in Noah was the "unhappy ending" of the Suzuki-Gun era (rough)

KIYOMIYA: There was no happiness because the Suzuki Army was rampant. After that, I don't think everyone ended it with a smile. As a champion, I want to create something like that.

- So, for that purpose?

KIYOMIYA: Every person has to experience situations when they have to overcome high walls, but I think that only I can show it in the ring. No matter who it is, it is a match with high walls. I will overcome it, because I want to break the record (14 times, Takashi Sugiura), so please watch.

- On December 28th of last year, you fought against the legendary Tatsumi Fujinami and Riki Chosu in a six man tag match?

KIYOMIYA: In spite of everything, both of them fight simply. Such a fight is the best, and I think that is the starting point of it. One thing I did learn about wrestling was the head lock and when to release it as Fujinami did not easily release his. I think it taught me again that it was the most important.

Q: You are aiming for a simpler fight?

KIYOMIYA: Yes, simple is the best. Simply put, I would like such a fight to vibrate in the heart of the fans. Now it is not just wrestling that is complicated, but society too is becoming the same, isn't it? I have dared to simplify.

Q: You will let air into a complicated society? (NOTE: original question was "drill a wind hole")

KIYOMIYA: That's right! For example, recently I am addicted to 1990s music. Kohmi Hirose, Tatsuro Yamashita, ZARD...why does it resound with me? It is simple after all. Recently, I have often listened to ZARD'S "Do Not Lose". It seems that even when I practice, I cannot lose. Simple things resound with people. Today, tomorrow and the day after, I will become stronger. I want to be a champion who can resound with the fans in their hearts.

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports (picture credit, Tokyo Sports)

Comments