(NOAH) "Come At Me You Bastards" ~ Kenoh's column (March 26th 2019)

Q: Yokohama was a good event
KENOH: To be honest, parts of it were frustrating, but the opening ceremony was amazing. The lighting was beautiful as was the entryway, it felt strange, but the big match atmosphere was there. I am grateful to the parent company for spending as much money as possible. There was good advertisement before the event, and it is becoming a company I think that can go places. I know I have said it many times, but it is not the time to be putting up a poster and advertising a match. If you are conscious about it and think hard, then customers will come. Well, that's how I look at it, and I was only in the first match...
Q: You were frustrated about the event.
KENOH: I wanted to help with such firm promotion, but I really regret that I didn't get a voice.
Q: So, about the first match...
KENOH: What are you saying? Last year I entered with the GHC Heavyweight belt, but this year I was humiliated like I had never been before by being put in the first match. I was surrounded by juniors. I wondered why I was there, and as soon as I got the tag, I finished it right away. I didn't want to get the victory. My place is not there.
Q: Right.
KENOH: When the match was over, I watched the rest of the event from the second floor, from the back of the first floor and so on, because I had so much free time. That was true even before the event, but the atmosphere was good and something had changed. The wrestlers were also inspired with a fighting spirit, except I was the only one who did not rise to it.
Q: Outside of the main event, what did you care about?
KENOH: It was after the GHC Junior Championship match. I haven't told many people, but I met Daisuke Harada first. Serpent and scorpion, hate and dislike. Although he had finished a match and list, it was better that it resonated. You did your best with the utmost effort, and you should have won. After all, you are a Noah junior! Why is Minoru Tanaka getting a belt, and its a happy atmosphere? It's the start of a new era, and the junior champion is Minoru Tanaka? Well, you were able to create that atmosphere, but its a job to fight against that career too.
Q: What about the GHC Tag Championship?
KENOH: The champion team looked good, but they have no charm. Yes, next?
Q: The GHC Heavyweight championship. Kaito Kiyomiya has changed his costume?
KENOH: He gives the impression that he's dressed up, but he will get used to it quickly. Well, he will soon.
Q: What, no complaints?
KENOH: I dare not say anything. We will tag together for Global Tag League. Before we finish up, I want to say something quickly. I wanted to be the second.
Q: Why?
KENOH: Marufuji. If he had beaten Kiyomiya and won the championship, I was going to make a challenge. It was my first priority. So its good that Marufuji lost.
Q: He looks like Isao Harimoto* today
KENOH: I went back to the waiting room the moment Marufuji lost, but since Kiyomiya had suddenly called me, I ran to the entrance.
Q: Why do you think Kiyomiya won?
KENOH: Power. Besides, when the parent company changes, being the champion when Noah is about to reborn, I think that is a tailwind*. Last year, all I had was headwind. If the company had changed, I would have been annoyed to think that a headwind was blowing.
Q: What about the request for a tag?
KENOH: I was annoyed when I was told by a three year three month old boy, that I was "obscure in the opening match". I regret that the most in the 11 years of my career, and pushing those regrets to the side, I was able to agree with what he was saying. I couldn't be convinced by it if Noah was not new, but with the current affinity I thought we could really go there, and that Kiyomiya and I would go there together. So, we shook hands, and I was surprised as to how fast I made a decision in just a few seconds. The feeling that I want to bring Noah to that place has won out over my regrets.
Q: The fans were happy.
KENOH: I had a dream for Noah that I thought was not there. Suddenly, I was on the cover of Weekly Pro. This wrestling world is full of expectations, what other groups can pursue their dreams? We will go to that place! Fucking bastards, lets go to Noah now! (rough). 

* Zainichi Korean baseball player. I don't really understand the reference, unless he means an old man with past glories (and Kenoh seems to ignore it too)
* A tailwind is a wind that blows in the direction of travel of an object, while a headwind blows against the direction of travel.

Comments