(NOAH) KAZMA SAKAMOTO mini interview

Noah.co.jp
5th March 2019


Q: On the 24th February you lost an elimination match against the Sugiura army at Korakuen Hall, and The Hooligans dissolved
KAZMA: The Hooligans dissolve. There are no words for it.
Q: As you said in the ring
KAZMA: That's right.
Q: Because it is finished and I don't think that it can be helped to say goodbye, how do you look back on the defeat in which your team had a fight that was overwhelming in potential?
KAZMA: Masao Inoue usually does not work hard and then again, he does only at these times. I guess the effort of young Inamura was another cause of defeat I think. It hadn't also been factored that Akitoshi Saito would disqualify Yuji Hino so quickly. Well, it was Inamura who produced the result; it was his success and Masao Inoue's unprecedented effort that caused the defeat.
Q: After the match, all the members apart from KAZMA quietly left the ring, but did you talk to the other members of The Hooligans afterwards?
KAZMA: In the first place, I had betted on a break up and the other members after the match agreed (rough) I said "thank you" backstage, but I haven't talked to them after that.
Q: At Kasumigaura and Shimizu last week, former members Maybach Taniguchi and Mitsuya Nagai participated, and naturally in a different way. Although, I could see a situation that has not happened yet, I think there will be opportunities for KAZMA to join with wrestlers who you have not tagged with up until now.
KAZMA: The Hooligans are gone now, so I cannot say "I cannot do this card" as now there I am not in a position where I can say that, but now I am thinking that I will make it my business to find a solution.


Q: Your first singles battle on the Noah mat after the dissolution of The Hooligans will be a single match on the 10th March with Takashi Sugiura at the Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium. This has come about from your appeal after losing the elimination match. Is there a part of you that is angry that you were the one that Sugiura took the three count on?
KAZMA: Yes. Like I said in the ring, in the previous title match (1st February, Maybach Taniguchi and Yuji Hino vs Quiet Storm & Mohammed Yone at Korakuen Hall), you don't usually come out as seconds, but yet you came out, making mischief. Wait a moment! Is this what you do for leisure? Do you have nothing better to do? Are you just killing time? Are you usually that self assertive? Sugiura says, "I'm not idling around the waiting room", but in reality, looking at it is different. I don't know what this new regime is, but something feels bad at a time like this. Don't come running out in emergencies, do it when you are meant to.
Q: I see... However, Takashi Sugiura in a genuine fight is an excellent wrestler as a former GHC Heavyweight Champion. I think if you cut off the neck here, you will earn the right to speak in Noah again. The first match is a single.
KAZMA: Well, for either the first singles or the right to speak, first of all, I don't think Sugiura understands my feelings as a freelancer, and since I don't know his thoughts towards The Hooligans, I want to hit all of those things. As I said in the ring after all, Sugiura had taken the three counts. But I never said "I quit" or "I surrender". Some people may say I am a poor loser, and that I say it, but I will not do it. I want to strike at Sugiura...those are my thoughts on everything for now.
Q: First of all, the thought of defeating Sugiura is the best, and the other thing will come after the match is over.
KAZMA: I won't know until it happens. I can't afford to think about it.
Q: On the contrary, are you thinking about getting Sugiura to "give up" or be "overwhelmed"
KAZMA: I don't have such a technique, but first of all, I want to win. I don't care how I do it. In the end I want to win, and stand victorious.
Q: From the 10th March, Noah will become a new regime. It will have been two years since KAZMA started participating in Noah. There will be certain visible changes such as the color of the mat, and logo. What are your thoughts on this?
KAZMA: I don't really think anything of it. I haven't looked at the Misawa situation, but it may be funny to say that I don't have an emotional attachment, but Noah is Noah, even if the logo or the color of the canvas changes.
Q: Even if it is a new regime, it will still be the same as usual?
KAZMA: The basics have changed. If you think about it, no one knows what Noah's new system will be, and its changed from doing your best to do more. So why do you want to do this, its too late to change at this point in time (rough).
Q: I see. Well then, please give some words to Sugiura at the end.
KAZMA: I will hit you with everything I have. I may sound like a young person saying it, but against me this time...I will do it without striking at you...I know that I will win. Besides the Hooligans, there are other friends...
Q: What?
KAZMA: Well, I will say no more for now...anyway...please look forward to the 10th March.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credits: Noah.co.jp

Comments