(NOAH) Tadasuke & HAYATA mini interview


Noah.co.jp
8th March 2019

"Since we have been tagging for over five years in the Osaka Pro Wrestling era, I know how to use HAYATA better than YO-HEY"
~ Tadasuke

Q: You announced a tag challenge for the GHC Junior Heavyweight at Korakuen Hall on the 24th February?
TADASUKE: It was a spur of the moment thing. It was a crime of passion of joy because HAYATA came back to RATELS.

Q: HAYATA returned to RATELS after only 23 days.
TADASUKE: I was giving up on him returning home
HAYATA:...

Q: Was this a strategy to deceive Yoshinari Ogawa, Kotaro Suzuki & YO-HEY?
TADASUKE: No, he made his own decision
HAYATA (silently nods)

Q: Is there an emotional attachment between Tadasuke & HAYATA?
TADASUKE: Yes. I think mostly the Noah fans have the strong impression of the "Blonde Couple" tag with YO-HEY, but in the Osaka Pro era we tagged for over five years. I know how to use HAYATA better than YO-HEY.

Q: HAYATA, who is easier for you? Tadasuke or YO-HEY?
HAYATA: Mountain* (Tadasuke)
TADASUKE: We may have a blank*, but we are not an emergency tag.

Q: Is this easier to do than tag with Daisuke Harada?
TADASUKE: To be honest, I agree with you. Although I have a feeling that I would like to establish a tag with Daisuke Harada in Noah, but this time I would like to try and tag with HAYATA. It's been a while, but I am not anxious.

Q: Do you have a combination?
TADASUKE: There are many. On the 24th February we did it to YO-HEY at Korakuen, my lariat and HAYATA'S medulla slash were decided at the same time. There are various timings I can release it at, and there are variations after that. There are attacks using HAYATA. Use him as a weapon. There is also a special thing that we have not bought out in Noah.
HAYATA (silently nods).

Q: What do you think about the GHC Junior Tag Champions, Ogawa & Kotaro?
TADASUKE: It's frustrating. To be honest, I wanted a defense by the Backbreakers (Hajime Ohara & Hitoshi Kumano), but the old folk have put the belt on again. I don't want the single* to be stolen again, like last year. I will make him my stepping stone.

Q: What about YO-HEY?
TADASUKE: He said that we "betrayed" him, but he is the traitor. I want to take the junior tag belt and shove it in his face, more than the "Blonde Couple" tag. Tadasuke & HAYATA are better.
HAYATA:...

Q: Kotaro said, "you guys have all been defeated by me, so you cannot win, even in a crowd"
TADASUKE: I won a single (20th January in Hakata) and also against Ogawa at Takaoka on June 23rd last year. There are no pointless victories.

Q: On the 10th March in Yokohama, Harada also will defend the GHC Junior?
TADASUKE: Harada will defend, we will take the junior tag belt, and RATELS will monopolize them. We will have a Takoyaki* party at a secret hideout!
HAYATA: Same!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

*Comes from their days in Osaka Pro when Tadasuke was "Tadasuke Matsuyama". "Yama" of course being the Japanese word for "mountain"
*Japanese term which means missing time (usually referred to as "blank years") when there was nothing happening.
*GHC Heavyweight junior, which Kotaro Suzuki won.
*Takoyaki is a ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special molded pan. It is typically filled with minced or diced octopus, tempura scraps, pickled ginger, and green onion. Osaka specialty.

Comments