(NOAH) "Kaioh's Course"

"Professional wrestling is a sport of strength, those who get results are strong"
Interview with Kenoh and Kaito Kiyomiya (March 2019, "Weekly Pro")

Q: First of all, why did you ask Kenoh to form a tag?
KIYOMIYA: I had just defeated Marufuji in a big match, and I said to see a new scene with everyone. I had my battle with Marufuji in the pre-matches, and Kenoh was stuck in the first match. I thought that a wrestler who had done title matches was odd to be in the opener, especially as he is the one for who me is a turning point. It felt hazy when he came out.
Q: I was honestly wondering what you felt about the speech?
KENOH: I was disappointed when I heard that I was in obscurity in the first match.
Q: What do you think about Kiyomiya's growth?
KENOH: I have to say its not something that I feel, but if you look at his results, you can tell he is growing. Wrestling is a sport of strength, if you don't grow, you don't get results. (Rest does not translate)
Q: What do you think on hearing that?
KIYOMIYA: I don't feel anything. There is luck too. Rather than just winning by your own ability, there is winning the support of the surrounding environment too.
Q: How does it feel to be at the center of Noah's new regime?
KIYOMIYA: We are aiming for a new landscape. I think we are working steadily towards that image.
Q: It will be according to your own image?
KIYOMIYA: I think the scale is much bigger than that. The goal was to beat Mr. Marufuji, the win over him has changed the landscapes of Noah, and the view of the era has also changed, which was why the speech towards Mr. Kenoh came out. I think that because of the victory, there are many things that have changed. It wouldn't have been that way without the win. By achieving the goals one after the other, I think that these new views are going beyond my imagination.
Q: It has changed in the last six months, hasn't it?
KIYOMIYA: I was saying that "I want to change the era", but what I had imagined was completely different in reality. I think I am getting tired of the theory of it a great deal. If you have the same intentions, then your thoughts are almost in line.
Q: The age of 22 is the age when you are graduating from university, and then you go out onto the world. At that time, Kenoh was....
KENOH: I went to my graduation ceremony at the Nippon Budokan. I had walked down to the bottom of the steps and was looking at the cherry blossom in bloom. At that time I wasn't thinking about aiming for the Budokan, and now with a different Kiyomiya, we are cheering for the Budokan together...its a good story of wrestling, but its more of a story of life, rather than wrestling. 
Q: What does it feel like to carry the group at the age of only 22?
KIYOMIYA: It is not the same for everyone. I am doing it because I want to, it does not mean that I am someone with a burden. People my age graduate from University, and become members of society and carry Japan. I talked with classmates at Tokyo University and we talked about how Japan will be in the future. I am thinking of one guy in particular, and each of their motivation. He was amazing and intense. I thought it was a dream.
Q: It is a good story.
KIYOMIYA: Although our situations are different, I felt that I wanted to run with him, so intense. I think everyone thinks it somewhere.
Q: Kenoh also has a mission to carry Noah, and fight with a sense of mission?
KENOH: Of course. I have always been saying that, even before my existence changed. It goes without saying that ultimately losing the belt was bad, but this year the promotions rise and the ability of Kiyomiya has been different. It was a different view for me too as I was not at the center of things, and I thought that if I want to to bring the company up, I have to shake hands with Kiyomiya.
Q: You started your tag team on the 17th March, but it has worked well. As far as the pre-matches are concerned, have you discussed it?
Q: You are right.
KENOH: If you have the same aspiration, I think your ideas are in agreement. In this years tag league the tag champions are the only team that don't know what they are objectively doing. There are also many teams who are teaming together for the first time. Looking at them, I thought that we are the only one who are shining. So Marufuji's non-participation is a great opportunity.
Q: Do you feel that such an aspiration is coming out in the ring?
KENOH: Aim is not something to be conscious of, its because it comes out naturally. We don't think about our aura coming out as it is a natural thing. Are there any other teams that can say that before tag league? In that respect, the only one who resonated the most was Naomichi Marufuji, who is not appearing in tag league.
Q: Kiyomiya, how are you mentally approaching tag league?
KIYOMIYA: I have Kenoh beside me now, and so there is a competitive spirit. Do we want to lose? Are we different from other teams? I am going to move more than Kenoh, so if I decide on the dropkick, he will come to the ring and decide on the kick. In the match, that works mutually.
Q: Do you feel that being led by Kenoh will head to further growth?
KIYOMIYA: I am a champion, and I will lead myself. I always think that.
KENOH: The champion has a good idea (the rest does not translate well)...because both of us are aiming at the top, I do not want to form a tag and lose to my partner.
Q: I you do so, then the situation will come soon of when you challenge for Kiyomiya's belt.
KENOH: Its good, even when Noah has one grade of radiance. So, first of all I swallowed my regret and we formed a tag, bug I would like to make it my first goal to make the present Noah even more radiant. In the process I will keep the spirit of rivalry with Kiyomiya.
Q: You participated in last years Tag Finals, right?
KIYOMIYA: Sugiura, Kenoh and I became caught up in something, and I think Kenoh and I had the same goals.
Q: As I asked Kenoh earlier, what do you think about Marufuji and tag league?
KIYOMIYA: It is a great chance as Marufuji and Sugiura are seen as the backbones of Noah. If Kenoh and I win tag league, the impression of them will get weaker I think. This is our chance to change things.
KENOH: He is a genius after all. A wrestling genius, "The Genius of The Ark", or even the genius who runs away, the subject must not be the subject of a trainee and the guys who appear in tag league (rough). Not following your example and not going out to tag league, its good, but more than that, you don't want to be defeated again. I regret making this a subject because you haven't entered, but once I win, I will have something to say, I will tell you from above*
Q: That sounds exciting.
KENOH: We are not just Noah, we are also the tag team who feels the future the most in the wrestling world today. The customers are with us, and we can follow out dreams together. Noah declined and fell, and I have no choice but to see it rise, and I want people to come and see the dream. There many things to do at the moment as I am young.
Q: Kiyomiya, do you feel any jealousy towards you?
KIYOMIYA: I do feel it. Everybody is not doing it to well. I am always careful and brace myself for who comes out next. That is why I want to win this league, and take the top in all aspects, so no one can say anything.
Q: You are in a position to be targeted
KIYOMIYA: I am going to win over them all
KENOH: I am not going to lose, and Kiyomiya will not lose either. If that is the case, then I have no choice but to win.
Q: With the new system in place, finishing the first shot at the big match, I am looking forward to tag league. What kind of vision do you have for Noah?
KIYOMIYA: As we are young, now is the time for us to do many things. Before the title match I went to special training with Sakuraba before the other wrestlers, and I am not going to hesitate to smack into them for a moment. You cannot stand at the top unless you go through all sorts of actions. I cannot wait. I want to win the tag league, defeat the tag champions AXIZ and from there, and continue cutting into it rapidly from now on.
KENOH: As I have been saying, I have somewhere to go, and there is a place that I want the people who support Noah to also go. It is the time now to go there, and I think that I should not miss it. If we miss the chance, then it will be over. (He then says something about the company being new, having confidence and the 10th March in Yokohama). We will not miss our chance as it is natural for us to win Tag League, and we have a plan after that. As an afterthought, this tag league is the first step.

*I.E. a senior position

Picture credits: Weekly Pro

Comments