(NOAH) Mini interview with Masao Inoue & Akitoshi Saito


Q: You will be participating in Global Tag League 2019 for the 2nd consecutive year.
INOUE: I have to apologize to Saito and recover last year. I think I need to get much better grades than last year.
SAITO: Noah is newborn, and everyone is looking for new things. When people get motivation they do new things. Although it is not "the law of diminishing marginal utility", I will seek out such things. When I first came to Noah, I fought against Inoue (October 2000). We fought and we formed tags from that day. Today's young wrestlers form new teams, but the way I look at it after all the long years that I have been here, time is something that they do not have. On the contrary, "new evolution = aging" takes time. I would like you to see the part of "aging" that goes beyond the stimulation they have been used to.

Q: Delicious like aged meat?
SAITO: It is the same with meat and alcohol. It is delicious to be vintage. Looking at the other teams, we can only show the evolution that Inoue and myself have matured into.
INOUE: Not rotting?
SAITO: It is not rotten. It is ripening!

Q: Last year, you only won once?
SAITO: We had a victory. This year, the Susan Boyle of Pro Wrestling says, "go for it this year". I want to ask the fans something too. Inoue has his own charm, its not his mannerism, but rather his forte. He has the charm of being able to show his ability that way, so everyone, I would like to ask "Have you ever seen a tenacious, serious and scary Masao Inoue"? It has been 19 years since I first met Inoue, but I have only ever seen it once!
Q: When was it?
SAITO: It was when he won the GHC Heavyweight Championship tournament and challenged Akiyama in the main event of the Nippon Budokan. It was a gamblers technique of awe and tenacity. Wait, I thought of something amazing...it has been twice.
Q: When?
SAITO: It was when he went out for a mean with everyone, and it was the look on his face when he had to pay. So that is twice. I think I will show such a Masao Inoue in this league match.
Q:...so, how will you see that scary Masao Inoue?
SAITO: By winning.

Q: Inoue?
INOUE: I will not show you the expression of the story just told.
SAITO: It means that neither the bill or the match will be pressed. Just go out before me. Then it will not be about having the bill pushed at you, but pushing the other team (laughs).

Q: Your first match is against the former tag champions Mohammed Yone & Quiet Storm in the 6th April opening in Osaka. The two of you have participated more than once.
SAITO: Do you want to escape to another part to be stimulated, or make a new one? I don't think that creating new things is about making things new or doing something different. There is also something called "evolution" that matters more. So, as Inoue has changed, you can see an Inoue that has matured.

Q: It doesn't look like you have a good score in the league.
INOUE: It is an open match, an open game. Doesn't professional baseball also have a pennant race?
SAITO: Further maturation

Q: Please talk about the league at the end of the interview.
INOUE: This year a baseball tournament has started like a pennant race, and I will not drop anything.
SAITO: Please consider why Inoue's costume has a ☆. I will get my own this year. Each time I play a match, and I hear a shout of "go for it", I will carry on until I hear, "Yeah, this is the end!" (rough)
INOUE: I will do my best

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments