(NOAH) "Come At Me You Bastards" ~ Kenoh's column

May 2019
Weekly Pro

Q: The semi's are over! "Global Tag League" is over. You did not get to the finals, and it was the end of "Kaioh" tag team with Kaito Kiyomiya.
KENOH: Teaming with him disappointed me. I had my own thoughts and beliefs, and I felt that he was a champion created by the company. New view? Run up with everyone?* How can everyone say such vague things? What exactly is it he wants to do? He had no vision at all. I am thinking perhaps it is the notion after all, of a 22 year old 3 year career boy.
Q: There is not enough of a specific vision.
KENOH: He just says what the company wants. Memorize it like its a textbook. Add your own color to it when you deliver it to a group of pro-wrestlers. Dealing with it like he's overwhelmed by the material (rough). Until now he had some freshness and it was good, but, half a year after taking the belt, its going.
Q: It is hard. You criticized LIDET ENTERTAINMENT, Noah's parent company, on the microphone. Why do you think LIDET are pushing Kiyomiya hard?
KENOH: Because the rawness of Kiyomiya is good. I will admit that. But, this is how someone repeats the same failure. Many high hoped candidates for ace have been destroyed. Even with the new system, will you repeat history again? As we stood together towards the same goal, I actually realized that it was only a matter of time before his plating comes off.
Q: What kind of "plating"?
KENOH: By himself, Kiyomiya cannot put the match together himself, he doesn't speak on the microphone with his own words, and if he gets stuck, he will tear (rough). I know I can't really speak because I'm not getting results, but his matches are still left to his opponents or partners. It is not possible for him to do it himself. If he fights Naomichi Marufuji, it will be a Naomichi Marufuji fight. Fighting AXIZ, it is their fight. So, that's why when you fight with someone like Akitoshi Saito and Masao Inoue, it's an unfortunate loss. If you are able to lead the match yourself, then there would be no opponents to rock.
Q: I see.
KENOH: In the first place, that gown, that costume and that hairstyle is not Kiyomiya's idea. After all, it is LIDET's produce. I am not doing what I am told. Under such circumstances, I felt like I was being used by Kiyomiya, and during the league it started to bud, and I became impatient. I'm not his teacher, and had I stayed that way when I would have become the company dog, and that is why I said something.
Q: You fought for only a month?
KENOH: It is different from the usual dumbass guys. I can't give up what I know, like when Choshu made the "biting dog" remarks**, he had the same feeling. When you try to create a star, always a guy with a rebellious spirit is born nearby; Toshiaki Kawada for Mitsuharu Misawa, KENTA for Naomichi Marufuji. Those guys had years, but I only had a month. Since I teamed with Kiyomiya though, the guys from LIDET suddenly became kind to me. Until then, they had put me in the first match, if you team with him...its the main. Speaking of which, I did "Deluxe X Deluxe" with Kiyomiya... 
Q: It had a great response
KENOH: I went on the "Matsuko Deluxe" show too. Tadasuke sang the song "Southern Country Boy", which by all means I wanted to have broadcast. I practiced it with HAYATA at Karaoke in front of him...
Q: !
KENOH: Well, even if it didn't get broadcast, the program was interesting and Ami Shibata has a crazy life. I know there will be people out there who will complain about it, but Sensei Shibata is a successful person. The program was good for Noah for being able to reach people who were watching "Out X Deluxe", and it was good to get to know Professor Shibata. The person who sees that as a negative, it too bitter as a person. I know Sugiura called it "tawdry" and said that because I chose to do that, the exposure to Noah has decreased, but since the Nippon Broadcast television show has gone, and Noah has nothing, its not good to have nothing on the air. There are pros and cons, but it should be done, even if "Sweets Makabe"* looks "tawdry" at first glance. I don't know when the change will happen, but the current Noah has to grab it. But speaking of the current time, I am a fan of Dr. Shibata, who gave me this opportunity.
Q: After all, it is the era of Kiyomiya...
KENOH: I'm in agreement with Choshu vs Hashimoto! "I'm not your underdog" (rough).   

*A phrase that doesn't have a direct translation or an easy translation in English. It's not best suited to "run with everyone" or "rise with everyone", so perhaps it is best left as it is.
**Basically, Choshu turned on Tatsumi Fujinami, and became anti-establishment. In a match in 1982 during a six man match, Choshu objected to Fujinami walking ahead of him, despite the fact that he had beaten him multiple times.

***Togi Makabe

Picture credits: Weekly Pro

Comments