(NOAH) GHC Heavyweight & GHC Heavyweight tag match championship signing, AXIZ Vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Shuhei Taniguchi\Nakajima vs Kiyomiya (July 13th 2019, MEGARAGE, Kawasaki)


The GHC Tag championship will be held on July 21st at the Mutsu Grand Hotel, with the match signing ceremony held on the 13th July at MEGARAGE NOAH MIZONOKUCHI NEST, between the GHC Heavyweight tag champions, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Go Shiozaki (AXIZ) vs the challengers, Kaito Kiyomiya & Shuhei Taniguchi. The GHC Heavyweight title match will be held on July 27th at Kultz Kawasaki between the GHC Heavyweight champion, Kaito Kiyomiya, and the challenger, Katsuhiko Nakajima. 

The interview is as follows:

Q: Please tell us about your enthusiasm for the championship match?

TANIGUCHI: It feels great that Shiozaki looks down on me, and as he is returning to Korakuen on the 15th, I want to show him our strength. In the title match on the 21st, I want to prove that it is not AXIZ, but Taniguchi & Kiyomiya who take the belts.

KIYOMIYA: First of all, thank you for visiting the public signing ceremony. I would definitely like to take the tag belt and become both the GHC single and tag double champion to show a new scenery. If at this point in my career and at my age, I can achieve it, it will echo within the world, so I definitely want to do it.

SHIOZAKI: Hello everyone! Thank you a lot for gathering today! Taniguchi, I will not let you take it. I will be back before everyone with this belt. Thank you.

NAKAJIMA: Before I say anything...first of all, congratulations on your return. I was worried that you wouldn't make it in time, but its safe to meet the challengers, and in Aomori AXIZ can go full throttle after a long time, and I am thrilled. Personally, I am preparing for the single challenge two weeks afterwards in Kultz Kawasaki. Before that it is the challenge in Mutsu, Aomori. I would like to have a check on a second championship (rough).

Q: Shiozaki, how is the condition of your knee again?

NAKAJIMA: First of all, congratulations on your return

Q: Congratulations on your return

SHIOZAKI: Huh? What?

Q: Does this mean that now that your return has been decided, you have been rehabilitating? 

SHIOZAKI: That's right!

Q: So, there are no problems at all?

SHIOZAKI: That's right!

Q: Shiozaki's left knee is a weak point and in an exposed state, how will the challenger team attack?

TANIGUCHI: It doesn't matter that he has returned, Kiyomiya and I will show our strength.

KIYOMIYA: Although his return is good news, the truth is that he was absent. If a wrestler does not have a match, then when it does start and the more it develops, the more you want to make an impression, and the more sluggish it becomes (rough). I think the wrestler in question knows this, he says the condition of the knee is perfect, but on the day I want to be emphatic to capture the belt.

Q: You have been notified to your face that he is going to be emphatic.

SHIOZAKI: Thank you for not being so hard on me.

Q: What does this mean for the champion to have the title match as a local competition? (Note: the match is going to be held outside of the big city areas)

SHIOZAKI: To have a title match is more common in the big cities, but I think this is a really good opportunity to spread the name of Noah and the GHC in Mutsu in Aomori, and throughout Japan. I would like to expand Pro Wrestling Noah's splendor, and the greatness of AXIZ. 

NAKAJIMA: Almost everyone who is here today is from Kanto* right? I want to apologize to the people who came today, but there fans all over Japan, and there are AXIZ fans too, who I think will be in Aomori. I am happy that the title match will be held locally for those fans, and it makes me happy as a wrestler. It gives me strength, and I think that is a happy thing...and you, a reporter, who has covered Noah for many years? Are you too happy that the GHC title match will be held in Mutsu, Aomori?
*Greater Tokyo and surrounding areas 

Q: Yes

NAKAJIMA: Please answer yes or no. Are you happy?

Q: Yes...

NAKAJIMA: Can you wait a week? Or would you like to go to Aomori right now?

Q: No...

NAKAJIMA: That's true. People who can come to Aomori, and even those who can't, will be excited. 

Q: Taniguchi has held titles many times as Maybach, but has never held one under his real name, Shuhei?

TANIGUCHI: I have been coming as Maybach, and this is my first chance to be reborn as Shuhei Taniguchi. This will be my final form, and my first chance to be reborn. I want to make it once, and that is why it was reborn that way (rough).

Q: Is this new start one to win over Shiozaki who looks down on you?

TANIGUCHI: That's right. I intend to do that.

Q: So, the announcement has been made?

SHIOZAKI: That is just what I wanted to hear, without that there is no fight.

Q: This is the true face of Shuhei Taniguchi, what about that?

SHIOZAKI: What do you guys think about becoming Shuhei Taniguchi? (reaction is sparse)...you mean....

NAKAJIMA: Finally, you have found yourself? Going round and round. You have had some recent momentum too. There is a good impression, but putting on that belt with just that momentum is different.


GHC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH SIGNING KAITO KIYOMIYA VS KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA

Q: Your enthusiasm for the championship match?

NAKAJIMA: At Korakuen Hall, I felt the significance of the champion. Had they not challenged for the titles, then I don't think this chance would have come...but, Kaito Kiyomiya is the champion. Young, cool, strong. I think he's such a great champion that I feel really jealous. BUT on the 27th July at Kultz Kawasaki, I am going to drop my "love bomb" for everyone at the venue and make Kaito Kiyomiya feel jealousy, and take that shining belt.

KIYOMIYA: Because I want the double crown, I accepted the challenge for the belt. Of course, I'm not going to hand this belt to Nakajima-san, and among Noah, Nakajima's is an unique style....honestly, he is a hard opponent, and I want to go beyond the limits at Kultz Kawasaki, so I am going to push myself to go beyond the limits, show myself awakened and protect this belt. 

Q: Nakajima, you have held the championship in the past, what do you think about the GHC Heavyweight? 

NAKAJIMA: I think...after all, it's a "dream" isn't it? After all, everyone wants to be at the top, and the champion has always been talking about the theme of "new landscapes", I am having trouble ignoring it, and a hard time thinking about surpassing it. There is a different in experience, however, and I will make him experience the pain of "failure".

Q: On the contrary, what are you thoughts on Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kaito Kiyomiya?

KIYOMIYA: The most impressive is the match at last years Global League. I was able to take the opportunity to put on this belt, and run with it. However, I think that the Nakajima-san and the Nakajima-san now, are completely different. I must be cautious...and now, Nakajima-san uttered the word "dream". I think all the wrestlers think the same. The "new scenery" is what I keep talking about as my dream as champion that I am drawing. I want to defend this belt for a year as my first dream is to stand in the main at Sumo Hall (November 2nd), and after that, where will the venues be? After that, where do I want to go...I have a lot of dreams that I am weaving as champion, and in that dream I want to see everyone who came today, and everyone who supports Noah. I want to see all the fans.

Q: The champion speaks of a dream, but what is the dream that Nakajima has?

NAKAJIMA: Its a secret

Q: Before Sumo Hall, there is a league called the "N-1 VICTORY". Perhaps the winner of this years league will face the champion? 

NAKAJIMA: It's the "N-1" isn't it? I thought, "N-1...it can't be true", is it because of Noah? But, this is "N for Nakajima" isn't it? This is all coming back to me. Right? That is why I am looking forward to Kawasaki.

Q: Kiyomiya, how are you looking at the N-1?

KIYOMIYA: The name of the historic league matches, "Global League" has been changed...I think it will be a motivation for the wrestlers, and I think it will be a more fierce fight than before. I want to show this battle as champion.

Q: What sort of match do you think it will be?

NAKAJIMA: It will be a match where I will swallow everything.

KIYOMIYA: With the theme of awakening, I will exceed my limits.

Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Link to video from Noah's official YouTube

Comments