(NOAH) 2ND November Sumo Hall participation: Naomichi Marufuji vs Great Muta Interview


20th September 2019
Noah.co.jp

NAOMICHI MARUFUJI: At Sumo Hall a single match has been arranged with Great Muta. The N-1 League ended in a complete loss, but it should not be buried. In the 22nd year of my career, I would like to come into contact with various wrestlers, and one of those wrestlers is The Great Muta. I am happy, and will do my best at Sumo Hall.
KEIJI MUTO: I am Keiji Muto, the agent of The Great Muta. This will be the first time that the Great Muta has come to Noah, although in the demon world, there is no difference between promotions. I think the Great Muta feels very excited. Great Muta says "I want to see Marufuju's blood on the day". Is it going to be shed on G+? Maybe it should be recorded with a mosiac* from the beginning...
Q: Did you contact Muta deliberately?
MARUFUJI: I didn't want him to come here because I wanted to deliberately come into contact with the wrestler called Great Muta, I wanted to have contact with him sometime after entering Puro. He is one of those wrestlers. If I go back to my parents house, there are Volumes 1 and 2 on VHS of "The Great Muta Special". He is a great presence for me. I think there are very few wrestlers who cam come close, so I am very honored, and this time, with a very honored feeling, I am thinking of my own hidden identity.
Q: There was a message from Muta that "I want to see blood".
MARUFUJI: I remember bloodshed once or twice in 22 years, and I don't want to do that...I think I will ask Mutoh to ask The Great Muta to refrain.
Q: When Noah meets Muta, what kind of chemical reaction does Mutoh see?
MUTOH: I don't think about a chemical reaction, maybe Great Muta will go on "Going My Way*
Q: Do you want to fight against Muta, which you longed for, or do you want to compete with him for the presence as a wrestler?
MARUFUJI: No, its all of it. Right now, I don't have that many opponents that I want to win against or that I want to exceed. I am really excited that Great Muta and I are going to face each other in the ring.
Q: Are you going to be the usual Naomichi Marufuji, or are you thinking of something special?
MARUFUJI: I think as this single match with Great Muta wilbe the first and last, I want to have a good match that I have no regrets...until the day of the match, and I am not sure of what the technique is, but I want to do a full rotation of "Pro Wrestling Smart"* I would like to think of something that can exceed the imagination of Mutoh and Great Muta.
Q: What is Mutoh's response?
MUTOH: I think the Great Muta has nothing to do with a "good match". Maybe it will end with a one man show, if there is existence there, it's sufficient...I get that feeling.
Q: Has your impression of Marufuji changed?
MUTOH: This is the talk of the agent Keiji Mutoh, and there was a time when I too had the title of "genius". He is also called "genius", and whether it is a fight or a tag, I think the words are for the right wrestler.
MARUFUJI: That is all...I am happy.

*The pixels used to blur someone's face
*Means to be yourself, regardless of what anyone else thinks
*Original phrase is "Pro Wrestling Head", it doesn't really translate well.


Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments