(NOAH) B Block leader Mochizuki "Marufuji is in my sights"

East Sports Web
4th September 2019

Who will emerge?
Noah's league "N-1 VICTORY" has finally entered its final stages.
In B block, the ironman of Dragongate, Masaaki Mochizuki (49), has taken the lead. Mochizuki, advancing to the semi finals (16th September, Edion Arena Osaka 1st stadium), has Marufuji in his sights and has expressed his desire for his first win.

The fiftyish Mochizuki is dynamic in enemy territory.
He earned a black star in the opening match after being defeated by Nakajima, but on August 29th he took the lead by getting the win over the top candidate, Kenoh (34), he took the lead.

"If I can win, I will be the oldest and the lightest (85kg) ever, but more than that, I will go to the end. It would be exciting if a 49 year old man could challenge for the GHC Heavyweight title."
It is a fight, with confidence in his heart.

Last year he participated in All Japan's Junior Tag League. However, this time he has entered the first league of the new Noah, as an imposing heavyweight warrior.
"It will be hard; there is a big gaijin of 190cm and 100kg. However, many people in Noah have grown from junior to heavyweight, and because I have a chance of success, I entered the fight. If I don't win, I will not be on the big stage."
There is hope.

On the 20th Anniversary of Giant Baba's death in February 19th, he reunited with Naomichi Marufuji for the first time in about 11 and a half years. Half a year later, the N-1 participation was realized, "If I can win and become the GHC Heavyweight Champion at Sumo Hall...I would like to fight with Naomichi Marufuji in a singles. If this happens, then there will be no other happiness as a professional wrestler."

Link to original article from Yahoo Japan\East Sports Web
Picture credit: East Sports Web

Comments