(NOAH) Marufuji vs Muta, first showdown 2nd November Sumo Hall

20th September 2019
Tokyo Sports

On the 20th, Noah held a press conference in Tokyo, and announced that Great Muta (age unknown because he is a resident of hell) will face genius, Naomichi Marufuji (39) in their first showdown at Sumo Hall on November 2nd.
Appearing as The Great Muta's representative, and president of W-1, Keiji Muto (56) attended the conference with Marufuji.

The two fought in a six man tag match in Osaka on the 16th September, when Mutoh formed a dream with GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kaito Kiyomiya (23), and Jun Akiyama (49, GM of All Japan) against Naomichi Marufuji, Masaaki Mochizuki and Shuhei Taniguchi.
Marufuji, who has the first confrontation with genius personification said he was nervous and said, "despite my 22 year career, the opponent I really want to face is Muta. I am really happy."

On the other hand, Mutoh said with an eerie smile, "This is Keiji Mutoh, the agent of The Great Muta. There is no distinction between promotions in Hell. He would like to see Marufuji's blood on that day. I think the broadcast should have a mosaic from the beginning."

Marufuji said, "Seniors like this are gone, but this is someone I wanted to fight sine I entered Professional Wrestling. At my parents home is the compilation "Great Muta Vol.1 and 2", which I watched during my professional wrestling childhood days. As honored as I am, I cannot lose. Since I have only bled twice in my career, I don't want to do it, and I ask Muto to ask to refrain."

With a unique expression Mutoh, the agent said, "Muta doesn't think about chemical reactions. He is going to go on doing it his way? He may not even be thinking about the content of the match. Maybe it will be just a one man show.!

Mutoh was asked about his impression of Marufuji who he had faced in Osaka on the 16th, said, "There was a time when I was called a genius. He is now called a genius. After fighting and tagging a few times, I thought he was a genius in Osaka. Whereabouts? I didn't know that."
After this speech, Marufuji said good-naturedly, "I am happy" with a boyish grin.

Marufuji concluded with, "Now, there is no such thing as wanting to win or to exceed. I am excited by just imaging the sight in the ring as this will probably be our first and last single fight. I want to think about something beyond Muta's imagination by using "Pro Wrestling Smart" until the day."

A dream match that far exceeds time, space and imagination, will be fully realized at Sumo Hall.

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Tokyo Sports

Comments