(NOAH\W-1) 31st December "WONDER CARNIVAL" The four key performers, W-1 and Noah champions appearing together.


15th December 2019
w-1.co.jp

On Sunday December 15th a public press conference was held at J:COM's Wonder Studio at the Tokyo Skytree, ahead of W-1's "WONDER CARNIVAL! at the Edion Arena No. 1 stadium in Osaka on December 31st.

The interview was attended by W-1 Champion, Daiki Inaba, who will participate in the main event with partner, Noah's GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kaito Kiyomiya, and the W-1 tag champion Shotaro Ashino, who will partner with Noah's GHC Heavyweight tag champion, Katsuhiko Nakajima. All four wrestlers spoke of their enthusiasm.

If he overcomes the first defense match against Kuma Arashi, which will take place on December 26th at Korakuen Hall, Inaba will stand as champion at the New Years event.
Kaito Kiyomiya, who he will tag with, holds the GHC Heavyweight title, which is Noah's signboard. Kiyomiya was very conscious of this, saying "I must stand first". However, Kiyomiya also seems to have no intention of giving up the lead role, saying "I want to return with it all".
While Ashino and Nakajima are tagging, Nakajima has caused a slight ripple by saying, "I don't know Ashino". Ashino commented back, "I think this match is going to be 3 vs 1, and in regards to Nakajima, I want to leave an impact and run riot as much as possible".
It seems that neither side has any intention of relying on their partners strength, as the young main eventers from both Noah and W-1 head into the main event on New Year's Eve.

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA
"Good evening everyone! My voice isn't loud enough. Good evening! Once more, so you can hear it. Good evening! I am coming to W-1 at the end of the year for the first time, I am teaming with Ashino and would like to have an intense match that is becoming of a main event...but I can't really say anything about it (laughs). In the first place, I don't know Ashino. Uh, I don't know Inana either, so I don't know why I am on this card. But, since I am part of the main event in W-1 on New Years Eve, everyone please watch me and be intoxicated by me at the end of the year. That is all."

SHOTARO ASHINO 
"This is Ashino from W-1. I am thankful that on December 31st, New Years Eve, this card was made and that from Noah, Nakajima and Kiyomiya will participate. Now that Nakajima tells me that he has no idea who I am, I want to leave a performance behind that will be remembered, even if it is disliked. The opponents are the W-1 champion, Daiki Inaba, and the GHC Heavyweight champion, Kaito Kiyomiya. I want to fight as much as I can. Well, it is 2 vs 2, but I think this match is going to be more 3 vs 1, and regarding Nakajima I want to leave an impact and run riot as much as possible. This is the last match of 2019, everyone please watch this match in Osaka."

DAIKI INABA
"At New Years Eve 2019, I will be in the main event of an important match, and I want to make sure that Daiki Inaba and W-1 come out on top."

KAITO KIYOMIYA
"This is Pro-Wrestling Noah's Kaito Kiyomiya. This is the first time I have had a match on New Year's Eve, and so as a wrestler, I am happy to do this. I hear that "WONDER CARNIVAL" is the last big event, so I want to enjoy myself, make the event brilliant, and then return with it all. I will show W-1 a new view."

QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: Question for Inaba and Kiyomiya. Each of you are single champions, representing a promotion, and you will be tagging together. What impression do you have of each other as wrestlers?

INABA: He is the champion who is currently leading Noah, and I think it has been amazing. It is stimulating to feel this in the same team, but I don't want to lose out to that in the match, so I want to show more.

KIYOMIYA: The match is something that I don't really know about. In appearance his body is big, and he seems to be a powerful champion, but I think the rhythm is going to be different when standing together in the ring, and at the time of the match I want to make it feel mutual and for the two of us to multiply that.

Q: Nakajima, you mentioned earlier that you don't know Inaba and Ashino. What are your impressions today from meeting them?

NAKAJIMA: Yeah. Looks strong.

Q: Both of them?

NAKAJIMA: Looks strong, something that shines brilliantly, seems strong.

Q: So, what kind of impression do you have about your partner, Nakajima? 

ASHINO: Sounds strong

Q: What are your impressions of Inaba, Nakajima and your opponents?

ASHINO: They have a vigour that I don't have, that is my impression of them. Kiyomiya is young, and to avoid being subdued by his youth, I hope I can stick to my fight style.

NAKAJIMA: Nothing in particular.

Q: Kiyomiya and Inaba, what are your impressions of your opponent?

INABA: I don't think I have it very firmly. I don't know if that tag team is going to go well, but I am looking forward to it one by one.

KIYOMIYA: Even after watching this conference, they are a team that is likely to quarrell, I want us to be fair with them.

Q: Inaba, as the W-1 champion, this is a big match in the main event, moreover, I think you have to show your presence as you are in a tag with champions, how are you prepared for this?

INABA: There is that, but after all, W-1 will be running on New Years Eve, and so the main is entrusted to the champion. I think I have to stand out, and answer the expectations of both the fans and the company.

Q: A question for Nakajima and Kiyomiya, this will be your first participation in W-1, so please tell us what you want to bring back to Noah through this match?

NAKAJIMA: Nothing in particular.

KIYOMIYA: I am always looking for something new, and I think that will be born here in this match, and I want to bring that home.

Link to original article from w-1.co.jp
Picture credit: w-1.co.jp

Comments