(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS ~ Global Junior League 2020. ACROS Fukuoka, Fukuoka, January 21st


KOTARO SUZUKI

Q: You defeated Tadasuke in the league match?
KOTARO: It all went according to plan. You see, I knew that the 2PAC would come, so I made the match that way, and I prepared something to counter it (points to his head) Thinking different.
Q: Just a year ago, you lost to Tadasuke in Hakata in a singles match?
KOTARO: Really? I must have forgotten because of the end of year party*. That is not good, isn't it? A, B, C, D all of STINGER rise, and Korakuen on the 30th will be a STINGER confrontation. If I get through, and Ogawa too, will my opponent be him in the semi final? I really want to do that.
Q: Does the GHC Junior shine with Ogawa?
KOTARO: Yes. That belt changes its shine depending on the person holding it. Right now, I insanely want that belt.
Q: The next match is with Haoh?
KOTARO: I say a lot, but he never responds! There is no strength, no cutting remarks. Say something! Is it me or you who has to be "prepared"? Which one?


ATSUSHI KOTOGE

Q: A two win streak by attacking YO-HEY'S sternum?
KOTOGE: I thought that the match with YO-HEY-chan wouldn't happen*. Anyway, I won and the finals are decided! Thank you!
Q: Next is Ohara
KOTOGE: Because Ohara lost to Kumano? I won against Kumano. Tomorrow I will be on a break.
Q: If you lose to Ohara, there is a chance that Ohara could break through?
KOTOGE: No matter what happens or not? His technical score and technical points are higher than mine!
Q: Did you come up with a secret trick like the Styles Clash or Bisontennial?
KOTOGE: The Bisontennial, because it was used in Noah! I never had a match with Bison, but I remembered in an instant that Ricky Marvin did that move.
Q: Is there still a possibility that all of STINGER can break through the league?
KOTOGE: Like I said before the league started, the hardest thing to be is a member of STINGER. In the first place its best to break apart. Is everyone going to the finals? That's not interesting. There is no doubt that most of all the female fans wanted to see a fight between the handsome guys and the baby faces. Sorry about that Korakuen.
Q: You face Ohara tomorrow?
KOTOGE: It's good. The image of losing doesn't come into it at all. He's a scary opponent because I don't remember Hajime-chan when we were fighting each other. I don't know what he did when I was a heavyweight. Well, I will be careful! Thank you!


NIOH
"There is no point if you can't win. I only got one point. Against Harada, RATELS, the fans, the media, the company, Noah...nobody can win."


AXIZ (Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima)

NAKAJIMA (after applause): What do you have to say? Well?
Q: Nakajima is in his hometown...
NAKAJIMA: No! That's not it! What day is it today? It's an important day for AXIZ! I have to say it because you don't know?! Today is my beloved Go's birthday! Congratulations!!
SHIOZAKI: Thank you!!
NAKAJIMA: This is something I wanted to do today...


(NAKAJIMA leaves)

Q: You have returned to Kyushu as champion on your birthday?
SHIOZAKI: On my birthday in Kyushu, I won and I am wearing the belt. It's the best! I'm so happy!
Q: You are 38 years old, what kind of year will it be?
SHIOZAKI: I won't hold this belt for just a year, but two years, three years. This year I will wear the belt and let Japan and the world know that, "I am Noah". I think there are more people who think, "I am the GHC" or "I am Noah". Even today Taniguchi was driven hard. Noah's fight is the best in Japan, and the best in the world. I want to spread that fight.
Q: The next challenger has not come out yet?
SHIOZAKI: As I said before, I am waiting for the person who says "I am Noah" to come out...I want to see who that person is. I was driven to thinking it was Taniguchi. I thought he had Noah's pride. He has that much power.
Q: Do you want to focus on wrestlers belonging to Noah?
SHIOZAKI: That's right. In order to make Noah even bigger, and in order to proceed further to show the Noah of today, the challenger must be "I am Noah".
Q: Is it possible that you will have various fights during the tour, and then nominate your own?
SHIOZAKI: I don't know what form it will take. I want to have a title match and fight for the GHC against a wrestler who has the conviction of "I am wrestler".

*YO-HEY was injured and missed two matches.
*Bōnenkai​: the name literally means "forget the year". It is a Japanese drinking party, where everyone gets drunk in order to, as the name implies, "forget the year".

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments