(NOAH) The inside theme is "Crying Ratels Fans" ~ Interview with GHC Junior Tag Champions, Kotaro and Kotoge.

PRO WRESTLING DX
March 19th

The GHC Junior tag champions, Kotaro Suzuki and Atsushi Kotoge, will be challenged by the team of "The married couple tag" of YO-HEY & HAYATA at Korakuen Hall on March 29th.

The pre-match fights will resume from March 21st in Maebashi. HAYATA, who was absent due to a rib injury, has declared resumption. Touting "Crying RATELS fans" to be the inside story of the championship match, focusing on "two tag level conquest", with Korakuen Hall as a passing point.

Interview with Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Kotoge

Q: First, the championship match was postponed, and self control will continue before the event, will it effect your motivation?
KOTARO: Our motivation remains the same, but the challenger (HAYATA, who had a rib injury), is lucky. There is no injury now, just training and physical maintenance. Nothing more.
KOTOGE: At the moment it's not good to go out too much. Even during the period when there has been no match, I was training. I don't think the gym is too good either, so I am conscious of going to the dojo now. Even if there is no match, you can imagine various things if there is a ring.
Q: The pre-matches will "resume" from Maebashi on March 21st.
KOTARO: Well, its been a month since he was injured, so I am sure he will be healed a lot...but there must be a sense of discomfort remaining.
Q: Will you attack the ribs?
KOTARO: Isn't that natural?
KOTOGE: Well, even though I think he might he healed, I don't care. They won't win. As for his injuries, look at the state in Maebashi on the 21st.
KOTARO: We can start the bullying again in Maebashi
Q: Is Kotaro the leader in the "body attack"?
KOTARO: That's right. Is it the first time in the pro wrestling world, right? That's why I started body attacks. I'm glad I read "The First Steps*", I got inspiration from that manga. In it he smirks when they "faint". My sadistic side will be simulated. I want to bully enough to the RATELS fans cry.
Q: Then the concept behind the title match is, "Crying RATELS fans?"
KOTARO: Yeah! "Aaah! Stop it!" While crying copious tears.
KOTOGE (using an elbow gesture): Bang on the side!! Enough to throw a kiss on return
KOTARO: I guess I shouldn't go by car...
Q: The former champions are the "married couple tag" of HAYATA & YO-HEY, a team which has a track record in the Noah Juniors today, but what is your impression?
KOTARO: I feel they are "Light". Light wrestling.
KOTOGE: Not only is their wrestling light, but they are light in the first place. (LAUGHS) They are light in weight, and light like their attitude. I returned from the heavyweights to the juniors, and I especially feel it there.
Q: Will this be a match that shows the difference in weight?
KOTARO: I guess I will show it off, but I think it will be shown to the customers naturally.
KOTOGE: I acknowledge that they are popular, but after all I have to think we have to stick to "winning", especially now. Since I went to heavyweight, there have been times when I was thinking about sweet things like "I wish I could entertain the customers". There was a phase of that, but I came to think that there is no sense of existence if I go to the heavyweights, and I have to stick with winning or losing...so, I came back to the juniors and joined STINGER, I was particular about winning or losing. So, what do they want? (HAYATA & YO-HEY). Are you seriously trying to get a belt, or is it just words? I want to ask? We didn't accept their challenge at first, and I didn't feel that kind of heat...
Q: Oh the other hand Ogawa, who is the centre of STINGER, made a meaningful remark, "RATELS and STINGER could be destroyed".
KOTARO: I thought "Eh" when I heard what he said, but its hard to know without looking at Ogawa's expression when he said it. But, having said that, I want to keep an eye on what Ogawa does. If it breaks, then it breaks, and its just a matter of remaking it.
Q: RATELS and STINGER have been interacting with each other for a long time.
KOTOGE: Well, I think that Ogawa's appeal is to show new things continuously, and while we are on the same team I am always thrilled to think that I am with Ogawa (laughs). When it happens, I'm going to eat it all up. I never want to be one of those wrestlers who just has a match.
Q: In that sense, do you feel a different tension compared to RATELS?
KOTOGE: Yeah, I'm looking to the next one. As Kotaro said, its okay to work with a heavyweight team. I want to go without stopping.
Q: Certainly, if there are no opponents in the juniors, he said he wanted to aim for a heavyweight tag.
KOTARO: Yes, when Ogawa and I were junior tag champions, we said that we would challenge AXIZ, who were the champions at the time. Is there much difference in weight with the current champions? (Naomichi Marufuji and Masaaki Mochizuki). In terms of weight, both of them are junior...or "similar"? They just have a different belt. I guess there is a possibility of a double title fight? But I am never going to be a heavyweight. I am no Kotoge. Never again (laughs). There is no need to become a heavyweight in order to challenge for the heavyweight belts.
KOTOGE: Yes (laughs) I think that the time I was a heavyweight was definitely a plus in my pro wrestling life. What I had cultivated in the juniors, was something that was not in my textbook. In that sense I am confident, and have they (HAYATA & YO-HEY) ever experienced that much?
Q: On the day it will be GHC title matches only?
KOTOGE: It's amazing, just having title matches.
KOTARO: In earnest, 4 major title matches.
KOTOGE: Probably the first match will be at 11.30...a title match in the morning. I will go full throttle from the beginning...
KOTARO: This is the first time the title match has come in the morning. Well, I guess the conditions are the same? Although I am a little weak in the morning, but Ogawa is too (laugh), so isn't it a good handicap to have?
KOTOGE: I think that if I start and go about 5 - 10 minutes, then Kotaro will wake up. That will be the match (laughs).
KOTARO: I don't know, it might make for great tension
KOTOGE: Covered eyes! (Laughs) At that time, it may end within 5 minutes.
Q: Are you aware of the other title matches?
KOTOGE: Each opponent is different, that is what the viewers think.
KOTOGE: Well, I think it will be a "different match", even if you are not concious of it. The only tag match is our match.
Q: If Korakuen is regarded as a "passing point", what kind of prospects do you consider as champions?
KOTARO: For now, I want to defend quickly and aim for a heavyweight tag. Weight won't change, but for us, I don't think there is an inferiority to attack head on. The heavyweight tag league begins soon, but does it seem like a problem if we enter? So, how do the current champions get results in the league? I want to pay attention to that.
KOTOGE: I want to aim for the heavyweight tag, and many other things. As we are under the same CyberAgent umbrella, I want to work with the DDT guys personally. Not only inside of Noah, but outside. I want to make it more and more exciting.
Q: First of all, will you drive HAYATA & YO-HEY thoroughly from Maebashi?
KOTARO: They lack roles, so lets just say it, "Not up to the task."
KOTOGE: Well, it's new for me too, I've never had a match where I completely crushed an opponent.
Q: "Certainly, you have also been called "Kotoge the Receiver" (rough, basically means "Kotoge, the receiver of technique")
KOTOGE: I was told that, but I say "that is only what I could do".
Q: In this title match, will the side of "Aggressive Kotoge" bloom?
KOTOGE: That's right, but I have already attacked. I want to be told of them squealing when fighting against them...
KOTARO: Hey! (Laughs) I don't want to be told they are squealing, I want to be praised (rough)
KOTOGE: Surely, but I don't care...lets make them full of holes.

Link to original article from Puroresu DX
Picture credit: Puroresu DX

*Boxing manga

Comments