(W-1\NOAH) "W-1 fans please send cheers and support him." Interview with Katsuhiko Nakajima


5th March 2020
W-1.co.jp

W-1 champion, Katsuhiko Nakajima, has been challenged by Kaz Hayashi at "WRESTLE WARS 2020" at the Ota Ward Gymnasium event which will be held on Sunday March 15th.

The outside champion, who continues to provoke the W-1 wrestlers with his belittling attitude, talked about the title match with Kaz Hayashi with much sarcasm.

Q: First of all, please tell us why you nominated KAZ as the next challenger?
NAKAJIMA: Well, as I said in the ring on February 12th, it was the comment that Kaz Hayashi made. When Inaba made his title challenge at the beginning of the year, Kaz Hayashi made a comment saying "I was disappointed that Katsuhiko Nakajima was running away", right?
Q: There was a demand was made to do a title match with Inaba, that is did you mean to get involved? (rough)
NAKAJIMA: Because while he said that there was fight with Ashino which was the same, and I'm not really into being a spectator. So, that is why I wanted to say a few words, I called, and he got off his pedestal. I dared to ask, "do you want to challenge for the bel?". Of course, his answer was no.
Q: Do you mean you called him out, but he wasn't going to challenge for it?
NAKAJIMA: I felt the force of the blow when my belt was thrown away. I won't forget that pain. Mostly, I haven't been running away! Even the title match with Inaba was decided without my approval. In the title match with Ashino, I was kind enough to meet the demands of W-1. I haven't run from anything.
Q: You took Kaz's thrust kick. Is taking the responsibility for his phrase, the reason for this title match? 
NAKAJIMA: Yes, that's right
Q: However, Kaz is now right behind you in the title front. What does it mean for such a wrestler in the title match?
NAKAJIMA: No, I bit back because I was bitten. There is no other meaning. But, the other W-1 wrestlers came out and surrounded me, didn't they? I was meant to be sorry, right? I was alone and surrounded by everyone. I thought I was going to be lynched (laughs), but nothing happened. I was on my own, but its okay, I am delicious. So, I reached out, and I wondered what it would be.
Q: If it was you, would you have reached out?
NAKAJIMA: If you come out as normal? Would you regret it?
Q: You said at the press conference that although Kaz is injured, that none of the other wrestlers put their names forward instead. Is it interesting to see attitude of the W-1 wrestlers?
NAKAJIMA: Why is it interesting? They have to protect W-1 together, right? Even so, the only person who has reached out is Kaz Hayashi. But then, what about the others? I'm not interested in such small fry that can't reach out. Isn't that the difference between Kaz Hayashi and the other wrestlers? It's not about being weak or strong, there is a big difference between whether or not you can express in actions what excites the promotions and what enhances the value of the belt. Anyway, it was only Kaz Hayashi who acted on it, so I guess he is prepared. As expected, he is a man among the best men.
Q: Considering the current state of W-1, Kaz is the only challenger suitable.
NAKAJIMA: Honestly, being injured, I think that is stupid. However, the group is suspending activities, and if you think of Hayashi's position in such a situation you can understand his feelings and his determination to reclaim his belt. On the other hand, I think that gives people strength and that is why I want a strong Kaz Hayashi. If not, then I am not interested.
Q: You fought with Kaz when you were a junior in All Japan, looking back what person were you back then?
NAKAJIMA: In my junior era I had a good experience in All Japan's rig. I was only about 18 or 19, but I got a world junior belt, and at that time it was President Kaz Hayashi who was the one who led the way. However, as he said, the last time we had a single was about thirteen years ago, right?
Q: It was the final of the "Junior Heavyweight League" at the Ota Ward Gymnasium in 2006
NAKAJIMA: It was before it became the Ota Ward General Gymnasium. At that time he was top of the juniors, but when I looked at the card at Korakuen during this time he was doing something like educational matches for young people right? So now I have the image of an educator.
Q: It means that your position has changed considerably over the last decade.
NAKAJIMA: He's injured, he's challenged in the face of adversity and the promotion is suspending activities, right? Then, if you are a fan of W-1, you have to support Kaz Hayashi more, otherwise will I really win if you don't? I don't do losing with care, so its useless to expect it of me. When its time to win, I am going to win, so please support us as a whole.
Q: Wasn't the support of the W-1 fans enough during the match with Ashino, did you lack support?
NAKAJIMA: Not enough! I won (laughs). The power of fan support is immeasurable in what I have experienced. Cheering more than anything else, and if you can't even do that I will throw the belt again (laugh). I don't need it. But compared to the Inaba match both wrestlers and fans may be getting better little by little. In that sense, I might be the real educator of W-1.
Q: Do you mean that you are also educating both wrestlers and fans throughout the match?
NAKAJIMA: Yeah, has my education been fruitful? However, if its Master Nakajima, then it's not enough!
Q: Then Ota may be the last test.
NAKAJIMA: No, maybe there are additional tests? As I have said many times, I don't care about belts, but its bad to lose. I don't care if the promotion is closing its doors or if the best man among men is injured. The ring is a battlefield, and I don't care about any of that there. Then how will the fans compensate? A champion in perfect condition vs an injured challenger. I'm looking forward to it (laughs). Kaz Hayashi, the injured challenger, W-1 fans please send cheers and support him. And enjoy the pro-wrestling! There is no better situation to support Kaz Hayashi. As for the media, please write an article to support him.

Picture credit W-1.co.jp

Comments