(NOAH) Dialogue between Yoshihiro Takayama & Takashi Sugiura

28th April 2020
Originally published in November 2001 in "Paper Wrestling RADICAL 44"

Translated from Takayama-support.com

TAKAYAMA: When I asked "Are you okay?", a reply would have been worthwhile (laughs). I wonder if you hate me
Q: No, not at all, I was able to take good pictures!
TAKAYAMA: Shouldn't it be better to have only the photos posted this time?
SUGIURA: On the cover
TAKAYAMA: You look great, you (laughs)
Q: Hahaha! It's the best (laughs). Today we are talking about "Monster Tales". Or rather, I would like to explore the strength and charm of Sugiura both inside and outside the ring. I often see you two together, so what happened to bring that about?
TAKAYAMA: When this guy doesn't accept me as a partner, he doesn't accept me at all, but suddenly I get an e-mail from Sugi* on my phone when the schedule for a certain area approached. We are on different tour buses, and I get a message saying, "I am out of the bus now. How do you want to spend your time, Takayama-san?" (Laughs) We just met a short while ago.
Q: So, what was that invitation?
SUGIURA: (Excuse me) That's not true
TAKAYAMA: Speaking of which, I heard you were there
Q: Where was that?
TAKAYAMA: A Roppongi cabaret club (laughs) I immediately hear about that kind of thing right away.
SUGIURA (flustered): Eh? How did you know?
TAKAYAMA: Former UWF often go there. Over there, if I don't like you, you can't act how you want (rough)
SUGIURA: There is an air of luxury, a little more than what the common people get suits me.
TAKAYAMA: I have to behave well
SUGIURA: I have to act the good man
TAKAYAMA: You don't play (laughs)
SUGIURA: That's right. I can't do it though when I drink sake...it's no good (laughs)
Q: Sugiura has said he has loved Cabaret clubs, so do you go and drink at those kind of places?
TAKAYAMA: We go during tour. My contacts take me to various interesting places, and when that happens I take Sugi and everyone takes pleasure in it.
Q: What is your favorite thing about Sugiura?
SUGIURA: When you are happy, you will be as happy as a child
TAKAYAMA: It's easy to understand, because I will only change my countenance when I feel like it. A few days ago when I went to a cabaret club in Kyoto, everybody was with a girl, and only Sugi didn't have one beside him, and I was bored (laughs). The person who took me there said, "Since Sugi is in a bad mood, this place is no good". Lets go somewhere else. But when there is a lewd looking girl, the person who took me there says with a smile on his face, "Oh, I'm glad that Sugi is having fun" (laughs). It's tough, because everyone asks what Sugi's expression is.
SUGIURA: No no, there was no such thing!
Q: You are displaying big shot style outside the ring, too (laughs). By the way, what was your impression when you first met Sugiura?
TAKAYAMA: When we first met, he came to say hello wearing a suit, but the suit was crazy (laughs) He looked like he was stuffed into it, you know like a child who doesn't have enough money, wears a school uniform the same size of what they wore in their first year of junior high, even in the Third Grade (laughs). His ass was pointing out, and I thought "What is this guy? He is not like other people."
SUGIURA: It was when I was gaining weight to enter pro-wrestling.
Q: Sugiura, what was your impression of Takayama?
SUGIURA: I felt like he was a "scary person". I have been watching since I was a fan.
TAKAYAMA: As you often say! But at first you didn't even talk to me, and when training in the ring before the match I told the new trainee "Do your pushups over there". So, while he was doing push ups and looking down, I came wandering over, and then I see he is looking at me like, "Don't come near me", like he's annoyed. So I asked, "Are you okay", he found it hard to reply (laughs). I wondered if he didn't like me (or if he was shy?)
SUGIURA: Excuse me no, I thought you would get angry if I spoke during practice.
TAKAYAMA: Good, because I was talking.
SUGIURA: ...I agree
TAKAYAMA: And because of that feeling, I was able to avoid you as much as possible (laughs).

Part 2 will be released on Friday 1st May 2020
   
*Sugiura's nickname in Noah

Comments