(NOAH) "I still have more" Marufuji takes the direct victory from the champion, Shiozaki, in the pre-match!

5th August 2020
Yahoo.co.jp\Daily.co.jp

In the six person tag at Noah's 20th anniversary match, Naomichi Marufuji took the submission directly from the champion, Go Shiozaki, who he is challenging for the GHC Heavyweight Championship on the 5th, which has given his momentum to the match. 

Marufuji teamed with Takashi Sugiura and Yoshinari Ogawa, and fought against Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya and Kotaro Suzuki. The fierce fight of six people went unusually over twenty-seven minutes, with Marufuji withstanding the volley of Shiozaki's lariats. Taking the chance in an instance, he caught him with the Perfect Key Lock, and took the submission. 

Speaking on the microphone, Marufuji said "I am grateful to have teamed with Ogawa and Sugiura at this memorable event. Thank you". Continuing he turned to Shiozaki, who is using "I am Noah" as his signature phrase, and said "I will use your line again, "WE are Noah". I don't have any negative feels towards you. Tomorrow, lets have a strong match with your confidence and my pride, that I have built in Noah for twenty years". 

In an interview, Marufuji said, "I want to make it a natural result, rather than a good result. Recently, I have taken two wins over Shiozaki, each time with different techniques. I have more to bring out". When asked about Ogawa and Sugiura he said, "When the three of us gathered behind the curtain before entering, I was deeply moved when Ogawa said, "Twenty years has gone quickly". We couldn't afford to lose, and I am the only one who has a title match. I had to take the win." Talking about his determination towards the match with Shiozaki he said, "For now it's just to win, and from there my 21st year in Noah will begin. There is only me."

Picture credit: Yahoo.co.jp  

Comments